A luxury British Cruise line are looking for a talented Executive Sous Chef to join their culinary team.
Position: Executive Sous Chef
Rotation: 4 months on / 2 months off
• Five years’ experience cooking and preparing food in a 4 or 5 star hotel restaurant or high-volume food service facility
• Extensive knowledge of food handling procedures with regard to public health standards
• Ability to meet overall established timeframes for the entire food service operation
• Demonstrated aptitude for the financial aspects of food operation, including the successful identification of expense reduction through cost control
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
• Monitoring the assembly of the workstation for the next meal preparation shift, including the cleaning and preparation of food storage areas and refrigerators
• Enforcing and following procedures for sanitation & cleanliness, and monitoring workstations & staff for adherence to those procedures
• Collaborating with the Executive Chef to plan menu requirements, serving arrangements, guest comments and other related details
• Providing on-the-job training to strengthen his/her team’s current performance, and preparing them for possible advancement
• Training and monitoring all levels of cooks and chefs for proper skills and service
• Maintaining food cost at reasonable levels without affecting quality and standards; reviewing and approving the food requisitions from the various workstations
• Enforcing the storage & disposal of over-production food items according to organizational rules & regulations
• Demonstrating the proper operation of all equipment to staff according to proper procedures, and testing equipment to ensure accuracy of temperature gauges, heating or cooling elements, etc.