Your new company
A leading financial institute, with multiple offices across Canada and throughout the world are looking for a ETL Developer for a 6 month contract in their North York office. They have an excellent reputation within their sector and are known as a market leader.
Your new role
Our client is looking for an experienced and high-performing individual to join our Data and Analytics Delivery team as an ETL Application Developer on the Delivery team. . This Developer role is responsible for the building, deployment and support of data integration, BI reporting and analytic solutions, and application integration solutions using AWS Glue, Informatica, Python, and supporting tools and services. The Delivery team is involved in exciting projects using leading-edge technologies and leveraging our AWS Cloud based data platform for advanced analytics and data science.
• Assists in design, development and implementation of end-to-end complex ETL system using AWS Glue, or Informatica Powercenter
• Apply company best practices for ETL design and development
• Produce written deliverables for technical design, system testing and implementation activities
• Implement ETL systems that are operationally stable, efficient and automated within CI/CD Pipelines
• Implement technical solutions that are scalable, aligned with the enterprise architecture and can adapt to changes in business
• Conduct System Testing – execute job flows, investigate system defects, resolve defects and document results
• Deliver solutions according to Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology for either waterfall or agile projects
• Develop and manage effective working relationships with other departments, groups or personnel with whom work must be coordinated
ERC Clearance is preferred
What you’ll need to succeed
• Top requirements: AWS Glue and Lambda – Python , Object Oriented Development
• Minimum 3 years of experience in developing solutions for data warehouse loads and system integrations using ETL tools such as AWS Glue or Informatica PowerCenter
• Understanding and hands-on expertise on AWS Cloud Computing environment and experience with building ETL using AWS Glue (Python), step and lambda functions
• Minimum of 1 year of experience with Big Data including knowledge of MapReduce, HDFS, Tez, Hive, Pig and Spark
• At least 1 year of experience with Python script development using PySpark, Python libraries, configuration driven and object-oriented ETL
• Experience with creating complex data frames/structures in Hadoop for data integration and complex calculations
• Ability to work in a global multi-site environment and working in a matrix environment, onshore/offshore IT mode
• Experience with production implementation change management processes
• Experience with project management and software development life cycle /SDLC;Agile and Lean
• Excellent documentation skills including technical writing, Visio, PowerPoint, flowcharting
• Strong communication and analytical skills, including conceptual, requirements interpretation, solution creation and problem-solving abilities
What’s in it for you?
• A flexible work schedule, so long it includes core working hours
• Competitive salary
• Being part of our journey in developing the next greatest digital experience
• Flexible Benefits from the day you join to meet the needs of you and your family.
• Wellness programs that support the three pillars of your health – mental, physical and financial.
• Membership to a highly collaborative, supportive, and productive team
• An extensive support system for continual learning including company-run courses, access to online learning platforms
What you’ll get in return
The client is offering a 6 month contract and a very competitive rate for the contract.