Ottawa valley Metal is looking for someone who is not afraid of a challenge. The job title may be specific, but the experience will allow you to touch and learn about every aspect of our operations. As OVM grows, you will have the opportunity to contribute to our growth, and in return, we will contribute to yours. We are not looking for another employee. We are looking for a new team member!
As an estimator, we expect that you have experience with the building materials and construction industry. Any experience in the roofing and siding industry is an asset, especially with steel products. The work hours would be from 8am to 5pm with some flexibility for the start time. We offer health, dental and vision benefits; 2 weeks’ vacation; as well as paid vacation between Christmas and New Year’s. We also offer five paid sick days. Our work environment is fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative. We expect that you will be able to juggle shifting priorities and will be flexible in getting involved in taking on additional duties and projects as they arise!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret and extract necessary information to complete quotes
- Provide clear and full estimations to customer in timely manner
- Act as liaison and expert resource to customer
- Create detailed flashing application/ solutions based on information provided by customer
- Follow up on leads and report trends to management
- Maintain, track and build contacts for recommended installers
- Help team with order desk, phones and emails
- Basic knowledge in roofing and siding, or more broadly the construction industry (Advanced knowledge and experience is an asset)
- 2 year’s experience in selling building materials
- Ability to read plans and specifications
- Ability to learn, understand, retain, and communicate OVM’s products and services and/or where to look for the proper information
- High level of professionalism both in verbal and written communications
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to be a team player and work in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong sense of punctuality
- Must able to communicate clearly in French (both spoken and written)
OVM is a sheet metal shop founded in 1991. We have been in business for 30 years but have never stopped growing. We have always prided ourselves in investing in new technologies and providing the best service for every customer, whether they are large volume contractors or a home owner looking for a small piece. We constantly thrive to set new standards of excellence for our industry and most importantly, for ourselves! This year, our focus is to invest our people, both new and existing!