Up to 55K
Full Benefits, RSP and 3 weeks of vacation to start
(1 week paid shut down, and 2 normal vacation weeks)
Monday to Friday
Developing, implementing, promoting and maintaining company-wide Health & Safety
Management System, including but not limited to: risk assessment, training, ergonomics,
accident/incident investigation, chemical management, etc.
Developing, implementing, promoting and maintaining company-wide Environmental
Ensuring compliance with environmental, health & safety regulatory requirements
Providing direct support to managers, supervisors and other Associates with safety and
Conducting risk assessments on equipment
Investigating accident and incident; determine cause(s) and recommend corrective action
Coordinating and preparing Joint Health and Safety Committee monthly meetings;
Supporting WSIB Claims Management process, ensure incident and accidents are handled timely
to mitigate risk of penalty
Providing employee safety training and awareness on current and upcoming legislation
Coordinates and implements modified work assignments and return to work ensuring
appropriate accommodations are met
Coordinating health and safety supplies;
Managing all relevant and related administrative duties
Completing other duties as required
– Relevant post-secondary training in Occupational Health and Safety and/or equivalent
combination of education and experience;
– Minimum of three (3) year directly related experience in Environmental, Health & Safety;
– Previous experience in automotive or manufacturing industry an asset;
– Extensive knowledge of OHSA general industry standards;
– Joint Health and Safety Committee-certification an asset;
– Standard First Aid and CPR Certification an asset;
– Experience/training on ergonomic assessment an asset;
– Experience in managing the WSIB process.
– Experience in ISO 14001, IATF 16949 and ISO 9001 an asset
– Strong computer skills in Windows applications; Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook,
– Excellent verbal and written English and Mandarin
– Good abilities/skills on: leadership; teamwork; initiatives; working attitude; multi-tasking;
problem-solving; leading change;
– Ability to travel by land and by air transportation (valid Ontario driver's license required)
Offering full-service career assistance and numerous special benefits, AppleOne can help you with everything from temporary projects to full-time (permanent placement) positions. And, with over 200 offices located throughout Canada and the United States, you'll always find an AppleOne close to the places where you live and work! If you are moving to a new location, chances are there's already an AppleOne in place, ready to serve you.
AppleOne is more than just a job. It's a place where you can find the flexibility to pursue your interests while building a career! We can help you open the door to new and exciting opportunities. AppleOne is committed to you. We are here to assist you throughout your interviews and your new jobs, and to listen to your thoughts and needs when you're ready to make a change. We are always available to answer your questions, and no matter what your goals, we look forward to the opportunity to work with you.
AppleOne seeks to help you no matter where you are in your career.