Career1 Employment Centre
negotiable / month
Career1 provides temporary and permanent placements for job seekers.
Our client is a potato chip manufacturer company located in Brampton currently looking for a Electrical Technician
Bring your skills to the next challenge and challenge yourself with a new rewarding career!
Requirements include but not limited to:
- Licensed Industrial Electrical/Millwright Code 442A/ 433A (Ontario College of Trades) is an asset
- Diploma from accredited institution in Industrial Electrical/Millwright or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 yrs working experience as an Industrial Electrician/Millwright in a food or other
- equivalent environment.
- Understands the importance in working within the Canadian Electrical/Millwright Codes.
- Ability to read and analyze blue prints, drawings and technical manuals.
- A good understanding of PLC programming with the ability to write and troubleshoot simple
- programs to maintain or improve production equipment.
- Worked with AC/DC circuits in controlled environment for machinery and other plant facilities.
- Working knowledge with compressors, VFD’s, pumps, three phase motor testing and installation,
- AC transformers, contactors, relays, photo sensors, pneumatic controls, build control panel,
- vibrating conveyors and repairing light fixtures using a cherry picker or scissors lift.
- Mechanically inclined with the ability to do basic wielding and machine shop work.
- Working knowledge of power transmission, pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Install new machines and equipment by installing power supply wiring and conduit to and between
- machines and equipment, using hand tools and test equipment and program automated machinery.
- Conduct root cause analysis of unplanned breakdown event, identify, take preventive measures and
- strive for improvement in a clean and safe working environment with the knowledge of WHMIS.
- Familiar with combustion, HVAC systems coupled with strong mechanical knowledge in vertical
- packaging machines would definitely be an asset.
- Follow spare parts management process, ensure part usage is documented and report low stock
- shortage and update the daily log..
You should have:
- Good communication & writing skills in English
- Previous experience as a Electrical Tech
- Must have an electrical background with good knowledge of PLC programming
- Punctual and reliable attendance
- Team player
What's in it for you?
Compensation: $20-22/HR + Benefits + Training + Weekly Pay
The client is excited to see the applicants, hurry up to apply!
Career1 inc. is where employers and employees come together to create a success story. Our passion is staffing and recruitment. We don't wait for change to come, instead, we are “change makers” in a recruiting world.