Must be eligable to work in Canada.
Live In position in homes in Etobicoke Community.
Ideal candidate is a cheerful, friendly Care Giver looking to help increase quality of life and independence with our elderly clients.
Thornbrook is growing again and we are seeking Caregivers! As the dedicated Personal Caregiver you would be responsible for providing homemaking, companionship, personal care or personal assistant services to the client in either a live-in or live-out environment. The Caregiver assists with activities of daily living as described in a provided care plan, and in accordance with all required internal and external standards of practice.
• Provide homemaking services including, but not limited to cleaning, cooking, laundry and general household management
• Provide companionship and/or accompany clients to activities and events in the community
• Provide personal care service according to directions on the care plan
• Ensures that the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent
• Provide assistance with client specific activities of daily living (personal assistance tasks)
• Perform specialized, client specific procedures for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated
• Observe and document client conditions according to company standards
• Understands and implements infection prevention practices.
• Provide Tracheostomy and Colostomy care and management
Completion of formal, accredited caregiver training program and/or a combination of equivalent education and experience would be an asset, but not required. Strong knowledge of the principles of caregiving as well as well as customer service are essential. Training can be provided where needed.
Other Skills and Abilities
First Aid, CPR, Personal Caregiver Certification or equivalent. Ability to pay close attention and remain attentive to client at all hours of work-time.