We are seeking Instructor Therapists to join our team! We have three different clinics in the Ottawa area.
You will be joining our collaborative and enthusiastic interdisciplinary team which includes Board Certified Behavior Analysts, Board Certified Behavior Analyst Assistants, Speech and Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists and a Psychologist.
The position entails delivering intervention based on the principles of ABA, working one-on-one with children and/or youth with autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) or other developmental disabilities. The sessions will focus on teaching a multitude of skills (e.g., cognitive, self-help, play, communication, social, etc) that are specific to each learner and range across a variety of developmental domains.
Frequent data collection will be taken of the learner's skill acquisition in order to monitor the learner's progress. Programs will be developed and written by Board Certified Behavior Analysts and implemented under their supervision.
- Full time positions :Monday to Friday (approximately 32.5 hours per week)
- 70 hours of mandatory initial training provided
- Part time positions require a minimum of 15 hours per week with full shifts from 8:30am-12:00pm or from 1:00pm – 4:30pm.
- Locations: Kanata, Ottawa Central and Ottawa East.
Education and Experience
- Required: High School Diploma.
- Required: Have graduated or are currently enrolled in college/university coursework for at least 6 hours per semester from an accredited university and/or at least 6 months of experience delivering Applied Behavior Analysis services.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Psychology, Education, Applied Behavior Analysis, Speech, ECE, DSW.
- Preferred: Fluent in French and English.
- Experience working with young children is an asset.
- Experience with children with special needs is an asset.
- Preferred: Experience working with children ages 0-10 providing in a classroom or 1:1 setting; experience implementing the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis; Educational, Speech.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide direct therapy in 1:1 and group settings utilizing a combination of intensive teaching and natural environment training arrangements.
- Follow the prescribed behavioral protocols.
- Follows teaching procedures and records data on observable client behaviour.
- Assist with parent and caregiver training.
- Effectively communicate with parents and caregivers.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work and therapy environment.
Knowledge / Skill / Abilities:
- You to accept constructive feedback and develop knowledge and skill sets accordingly.
- You are a team player and love to challenge yourself to learning new things and motivating learners by thinking outside the box.
- You are creative, energetic and have excellent play skills.
- You are able to effectively use time management skills and have the ability to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are able to develop and maintain professional relationships with clients, co-workers, supervisors, and community members.
- You are committed to ongoing training and development as it relates to clinical skills, professional development, ethics, and technology, and training in order to perform job responsibilities to required standard.
- You are able to interpret and implement clinical protocols.
- You must maintain a professional appearance.
- You must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- You must be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures (kneeling, squatting, crawling, sitting, standing) for extended periods of time.
- You must be able to sit on the floor or stand for extended periods of time.
- Having reliable transportation is an asset.
- You must possess a clear criminal record that has been completed within the last 30 days.
- You must have valid first aid credentials
Application process: Candidates are to submit a cover letter and resume.
**Please note that only successful prospect candidates will be contacted for an interview in person.
Our in-house team includes Board Certified Behaviour Analysts (BCBA), Board Certified Assistant Behaviour Analysts (BCaBA), and Instructor Therapists. Our ABA services are backed by over 15 years of experience servicing children in our community. Combined, our team have delivered 1,000s of therapy hours.
Our interdisciplinary team includes, Speech and Language Pathologists, Communication Disorder Assistants, Occupational Therapists, and Psychologists.
We work in close collaboration will all professionals in your child’s life, ensuring that we can thoroughly assess and understand your child’s needs.