We are a solutions-driven, customer-focused provider of material handling, storage, and automated systems solutions and we take pride in knowing that your actions boost our customers’ productivity. We are looking for customer-focused, self-starting individuals to join our team and make a difference. If that sounds like you, join the Johnston Equipment team today!
Johnston Equipment offers a hands-on, in-depth and renowned lift truck operator training program and the Driver Trainer role is responsible to provide instructional training related to material handling equipment and safety to a wide customer base. Training instruction includes theory, practical lessons, evaluations, and granting a certificate to individuals who pass the courses. Training takes place in a classroom setting, customer sites or at a designated venue.
How You’ll Make an Impact
You will be responsible for offering a hands-on, in-depth and renowned lift truck operator training program and perform the following responsibilities:
- Ensure that clients are adept at safely operating our lift trucks while tailoring operator training programs according to the health & safety requirements of their working environments
- Represent the company with a professional and ethical attitude in-line with our company’s mission and values, and provide the effortless customer experience of learning that will encourage repeat business
- Meet customer satisfaction objectives and build rapport with our clients through adopting a positive reinforcement approach to training and maintaining consistent interaction and clear and concise communication
- Receive submissions from Operator Training coordinators for scheduled forklift training sessions
- Visit customer sites according to daily schedule and administer theoretical in-class training and on-the-floor practical training
- Provide consultation to customers on their lift truck training requirements
- Answer all relevant customer training inquiries in-person, e-mail, and telephone
- Receive and mark student tests and provide corrective and constructive feedback
- Manage personal record of students’ training material and scores
- Analyze working environment of client sites and determine best approaches for utilizing lift trucks
- Follow-up with clients after their training sessions to uncover any questions or concerns, and to determine if additional training is required
- Provide information on potential sales leads to Operator Training Sales Representatives
- Assist departmental management in any continuous improvement initiatives, including relaying customer feedback that will help in the development and effectiveness of new training programs
- Submit verified invoices for processing and payments to the Sales Coordination department
What You’ll Bring to the Table
- 4+ years of experience in training and development
- Must have at least 1 year of Community College Certificate/Diploma / Adult Instructor or Trainer – Health and Safety, Power Equipment – Theory and Practical certificate
- Strong communication, interpersonal and comprehension skills, both verbal and written
- Enjoys educating people and transferring knowledge to other individuals
- Strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Willing to learn new skills on a regular basis, both on and off the job
- Able to understand customer issues/requirements
- Able to work well within a team, yet be able to work autonomously
- Strong attention to detail
Why You’ll love it here
- We offer a competitive salary, incentive program, and an excellent benefits package
- We trust and support you – take ownership of your work and push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow – we support your career progression and provide learning and development opportunities
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
G.N. Johnston Equipment is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified designated group members are encouraged to apply as any reasonable accommodation of qualifications will be considered as per our Accommodation Policy, available upon request.
About Johnston Equipment:
Johnston Equipment provides material handling equipment to move product in, out and throughout warehouses; service solutions and tools to better manage warehouse productivity; racking, storage and automated system solutions to optimize the storage and movement of goods; and programs to protect material handling assets and the people who utilize them. We are continually striving to create better and more advanced solutions as well as provide the highest quality service.
We are growing and need talented professionals to drive our vision to create an effortless experience for our customers by delivering our products and services in an efficient and safe manner. Join us…. Make a difference!