Working for a company dedicated to personal career growth and the opportunity to have an impact in moving the organization forward. Challenger Motor Freight Inc. is a Platinum Club Member in Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
It’s not by chance that Challenger is a leading North American freight transportation company. In 40 years, Challenger has grown from one person with a vision and a truck to an international transportation and supply chain management company.
We win as a team when we work as a team, and succeed when our employees succeed. We want people who are resilient, team-oriented, and driven because we are laser-focused on meeting commitments to our People, Customer, and Profit. If you’re looking to work for a dynamic, fast-paced, progressive organization then come join us.
We offer the following in our search for engaged employees looking to become part of a successful team:
- A continuous learning environment that develops your individual career goals
- A continuous improvement environment where all ideas are explored
- Engaged coaches and mentors who will provide guidance but also allow autonomy
- Team atmosphere
- Comprehensive total rewards package including company paid group benefits and company sponsored retirement savings plan
- Support of professional memberships and certifications
- Standard office hours; Monday to Friday from approximately 8:00am to 4:30pm
The Driver Recruiting Administrator provides administrative support to the Driver Recruiters and the Driver Recruiting department, with a strong focus on driver file compliance.
The Driver Recruiting Administrator also takes on other driver recruiting related projects to support the team and grow and develop as a professional.
- Assists Driver Recruiting department with administrative duties to successfully onboard new drivers including but not limited to reference checks, scheduling drug and medical appointments, confirming accuracy of recruiting checklist, collecting relevant file documentation, pulling abstracts, CVORs, police records, and accuracy of driver application
- Ensures driver files contain all required documentation prior to being audited and prior to drivers being onboarded into the organization
- Schedules road tests and drug tests for potential new hires
- Once hired, meets with drivers to advise them of orientation requirements
- Educates drivers on the various divisions within Challenger and Elgin as well as applicable route network and rates
- Speaks with drivers regarding necessary Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements
- Assists Driver Recruiting department with telephone and walk-in inquiries
- Assembles new hire welcome packages for drivers and sends to their home addresses
- Performs other duties as required
What You Need To Be Successful In This Role:
- Strong customer service skills are required
- Experience in the transportation industry considered to be an asset
- 1-2 years administrative experience
- Post-secondary education is not required, but preferred
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Attention to detail
- Customer focus
- Good communications skills (written and verbal)
- Problem solving & analytical thinking
- Accurate data entry skills
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and customer focused
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Creative and effective problem-solving ability
- Well-organized, enthusiastic, creative, professional and a positive team member
- A continuous improvement focus on work
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
How To Apply:
If you are looking to join a premier transportation company, and become an integral part of results oriented team who constantly challenge themselves to Go The Distance for our customers and for each other, the role of Driver Recruiting Administrator may be right for you.
No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Challenger Motor Freight Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples. By submitting your resume, you consent Challenger Motor Freight Inc. to share this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities that you may be suitable for.
Powered by JazzHR