Requisition ID: 93823
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Scotiabank’s Global Technology Services (GTS), Solutions Integration & Delivery (SI&D) organization is rooted in understanding our Scotiabank business lines & technologies and collaborating with our global CIO’s and business lines to deliver high quality, reliable enterprise solutions in an agile and cost-effective manner, while complying to the bank’s security standards and policies.
Solutions Delivery is responsible for the delivery and execution of client focus programs & projects. The team drives to act as a trusted partner and strives to deepen client relationships based on trust, integrity, commitment, accountability and delivery.
You will lead & oversee Solutions Delivery within the SI&D organization to ensure business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Collaborative engagement enables Solutions Delivery to gain a holistic view of challenges and opportunities to address not only immediate issues but also focus on building long-term Information Technology & Solutions (IT&S) road map solutions, aligned to the Bank’s strategic vision .
Is this role right for you?
- You are willing to lead, direct, and drive a customer focused culture throughout the entire Solutions Delivery team in order to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- You are prepared to lead a team of approximately 10 solutions delivery staff.
- You can build a high-performance environment and able to implement a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviors; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and as well, managing succession and development planning for the team.
- You will be responsible for delivering GTS projects/programs to CIO teams. In the context of managing a program delivery, the position requires:
- Identification and management of dependencies between individual projects in the program.
- Identification and management of the overall critical path.
- Expert & in-depth understanding of the business environment to assess the impacts on multiple businesses and/or geographies, and then, establish project sequence and priority accordingly.
- Comprehensive understanding the technical environment to assess operational risk associated with various solution and implementation options and facilitating identification of the most cost effective and efficient solution.
- Managing direct reports in the execution & delivery of assigned programs.
- Responsible for GTS deliverables (time, cost, quality).
- Responsible for Operational Readiness of all projects.
- Facilitate transitioning of projects to steady state support.
- Responsible to ensure full stack resources are assigned to initiatives / requirements are executing.
- Coordinate maintenance/change windows / timing.
- Facilitate and support the change management process for project delivery.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You possess strong communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills with both business and technical stakeholders.
- You have at least 5+ years in a leadership role within or serving a large enterprise organization, in which you have managed large complex technology projects and programs that have significant IT and operational components.
- You have at least 2+ years of people management.
- You can demonstrate the ability to work under tight timelines and competing priorities.
- You can demonstrate critical thinking & thought leadership on project and/or program management.
- You can demonstrate a successful track record in utilizing your influencing & interpersonal skills to drive change.
- Completion of a post-secondary education in a business or technology related field. A PMP designation is an asset.
- Working knowledge of the financial services industry; which includes its regulatory and compliance requirements (i.e., OSFI) is a strong asset.
- Working experience in Portfolio Management (a combination of projects and programs) is an asset
What’s in it for you?
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work.
- You’ll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success! We also foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
- While we currently work remotely from home, when it is deemed safe to work back to the office, our primary location is:
- Located steps from TTC’s King 504 streetcar stop, which gets you from TTC’s Line 1 subway stops at King or St. Andrew stations, and its connection to GO Transit/VIA Rail hub at Union Station.
- Also located steps from TTC’s 511 Bathurst streetcar stop, which is a transfer point from TTC’s Line 2 subway stop at Bathurst station.
- If you really want to drive to work, it’s minutes away from the Gardiner Expressway / Lakeshore Boulevard West.
- You have card access to The Commons, a dining space at Scotia Plaza for employees where breakfast & lunch are served. Also, The Bean serves hot/cold beverages & snacks.
- Our location has a lunch room with TV screens, fridges, microwaves & vending machines. It’s also in a dynamic & flourishing neighbourhood that is home to many nearby top Toronto restaurants/bars & fast-food options. Nearby amenities include a running club, florist, pharmacy, convenience stores, supermarket, LCBO, coffee shops.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Segment: Manager, Bank, Banking, Medical, Developer, Management, Finance, Healthcare, Technology