Director- People and Culture
About Project X
At Project X, we provide our clients with services and solutions in Data Management, Business Intelligence, Analytics and Big Data that deliver a competitive advantage and maximize the value from IT investments. Our people work side-by-side with our clients delivering tailored approaches and consultative solutions in order to meet our Client’s needs. The heart of what we do is drive for unique and innovative solutions that solve our customers problems. We are trusted advisors who create data and analytics solutions for complex client problems. We do this through collaboration, creativity and an innate need to solve tough data problems. Data runs deep in our veins and is what makes up who we are, individually and as a team, allowing us to do the work we’re passionate about.
We think differently.
At Project X we work towards and aspire to live our values everyday. These include:
Love our Clients / Amplify Talent / Embrace Change / Take Ownership / Help Others / Build Trust / Create Fun. Our Director, People & Culture will have an integral role in helping us create the momentum we need to turn our aspirations into our every-day reality. We are presently seeking a Director, People and Culture with strong experience to provide strategic and hands-on tactical support with the goal of building a strong HR function. We are a well-established boutique consulting organization and aspire to grow. We require strong HR leadership to support our business growth trajectory.
You are all about
The Director of People & Culture leads the development and execution of Human Resources strategies, programs and practices that align with Project X’s values, mission, business and strategic goals. The Director of People & Culture has overall responsibility and oversight for all Human Resources functions including talent management, employee relations, compensation, onboarding/orientation, employee engagement, retention, health, wellness & safety, benefits, and learning & development. As a Trusted Advisor, the Director provides functional HR expertise, consultation and hands-on leadership to the business (employees, management and the leadership team) by presenting various perspectives and challenging the status quo. Drawing upon a strong foundation of HR and business operations experience and understanding, the Director partners with leaders across the organization to help our teams in their planning and achievement towards the collective goals of the organization.
This position has two (2) direct reports including an HR Business Partner and a Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Major Areas of Responsibility
Our Director, People & Culture will play an integral role in assisting the evolution of our business. This critical, hands-on player will:
- Partner with internal departments to provide guidance and support on HR related activities which may include onboarding retention, talent attraction, employee relations, performance management, compensation, legal compliance, learning and development and other areas as required.
- Build and establish programs to support the growth and development of our people – individuals, managers, leaders and executives. Encourage team members to excel in their current roles and prepare for future opportunities.
- Coach the leadership team on best practices to maximizing people performance, engagement, goal planning, succession planning, change management and communication.
- Consult with managers on hiring needs, develop creative sourcing strategies and participate in interviews as required.
- Enhance, develop and deliver progressive and innovative people programs ensuring that the business and its people remain in compliance with legislative requirements and that we are constantly stretching our people with opportunities to grow.
- Continuously assess and analyze issues, metrics, identify gaps, conduct research and analysis on our own results, best practices and emerging trends. Hold the accountability for leading development of the HR budget to ensure sound fiscal management of resources and implementation of strategies that support our organizational values and business goals.
Key Accountabilities of this role include:
- Human Resources
- Lead the implementation of HR projects on the project plan; work with team to set realistic timelines and milestones.
- Enhance, develop and deliver progressive and innovative people programs.
- Lead the development of HR budget, ensuring sound fiscal management of resources and implementation of strategies that achieve organizational goals.
- Oversee Talent Acquisition and Onboarding functions
- Evolve and enhance talent acquisition strategy and approach.
- Improve practices in attracting, nurturing and retaining top talent.
- Employee Relations
- Implement new, and enhance existing staff recognition and reward programs
- Partner with internal stakeholders to implement strategies for employee engagement and retention; select, utilize and implement various tools and communication processes to maintain a pulse on people and engagement.
- Provide leadership to the development of systems and programs that will ensure employees have the tools they need to be productive and successful.
- Learning and Development
- Build programs to support the growth and development of individuals, managers, leaders and executives. Encourage team members to excel in their current positions and prepare for future goals.
- Coach leadership team on best practices on maximizing people performance, engagement, goal planning, change management, and communication.
- Organizational Development
- Maintain and enhance the company wage and salary structure, pay policies, and oversee the variable pay systems within the company including bonuses and raises.
- Monitor all pay practices for effectiveness and cost containment. Lead competitive market research to establish pay practices and ensure that pay bands that help recruit and retain employees.
- Recommend changes in benefits offered, especially new benefits aimed at employee satisfaction and retention.
- Legal and Compliance
- Lead company compliance with all existing governmental and labour legal reporting requirements, maintain minimal company exposure to lawsuits.
- Protect the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company policies and legislation.
- Advise on legal compliance with employment standards, human rights and workplace safety.
- Review, guide and approve management recommendations for progressive discipline and termination of employment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other
- A seasoned HR Professional with a minimum of 8-10 years of experience in Human Resources with 5 years of experience at the Management level
- It is critical for the incumbent to understand that this is a dynamic organization and similar to a start-up in that the pace is fast and in addition to developing and supporting the People & Culture team, the Director will be expected to actively engage in delivery of HR services to the business.
- Your practical working knowledge of HR related topics including but not limited to performance, behaviour, conflict resolution, termination will enable you to collaborate with leaders on their people based issues and challenges, always considering team relationships performance and productivity
- Previous experience in coaching, organizational development, employee relations and learning and development will be of great benefit. Knowledge of talent acquisition, Health and Safety and Employment Law are required
- An ability to influence and maturely/respectfully challenge leaders, an ability to provide new perspectives and ideas and above-average skills in developing solution-based approaches to solving challenges are most welcome.
- The ideal candidate for this role holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related.
- CHRL designation is a “Must Have” for this role.
At the present time, the Project X team is working remotely. At a future time, work will take place in an office environment, (either at Project X HQ or on various client sites in the GTA) remotely, or a combination of all.
Why Join Project X
Project X Ltd drives success by focusing on building teams of incredibly talented and dedicated people. We reward hard work and forward thinking with recognition, an enjoyable company culture, the opportunity to develop your career and a competitive salary. We also offer other employment benefits such as:
- Health and dental benefits package
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement Benefit
- Casual dress code and working environment
- Free snacks at HQ
- Getting together for team socials and sporting event
While our people often work on-site with our clients, we work to ensure that our employees feel connected to our mission, values, and culture. We always want our people to know and feel that they are a valued member of the Project X team.
Project X is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity, please contact us! We would be delighted to hear from you. Please include a cover letter along with your salary requirements.
Powered by JazzHR