We are looking for a mission-driven, experienced inclusive leader to join our team as Director of Delivery. As a senior member of our team reporting to the COO, the Director of Delivery will play a key role in building and executing on the growth of Canada Learning Code’s delivery channels including Chapters, Code Squad and Affiliate Partners. This role will work in conjunction with the Senior Leadership Team to develop and implement strategies and tactics to deliver meaningful learning experiences.
This is a full time, salaried role. Direct Reports include 4 Community Success Managers.
What Success Looks Like
- We deliver an inspiring educational experience to our learners
- We have an engaged, empowered delivery team who is aligned to our mission, vision and values
- We reach our annuals goals by securing and stewarding high value partnerships across Canada Learning Code’s delivery channels including Chapters, Code Squad and Affiliate Partners
- We develop unique regional and national partnerships and build our community of educators and learners nationwide
Strategy & Planning
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the senior leadership team
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Develop strategies that assist in delivering meaningful learning experiences and optimizing funder requirements that have a direct impact on strategic business plans
- Develop and manage reporting tools for management and Board meetings
- Research and evaluate strategic opportunities for the organization
- Articulate and synthesize information to key points for management presentations, and for strategic/operational decision making
- Manage all Delivery Team Member needs (hire through retire) and ensure that each of your Team Members has reasonable support, resources, tools and guidance to be happy and successful within their roles
- Coach Delivery team via providing guidance on day-to-day issues, insights into complex business transactions, and training to direct reports
- Provide ongoing and clear direction, performance management and career development support to the program delivery team
Partnerships & Client Success
- Acquire and steward high-value partnerships ensuring successful relationships; coach direct reports to do the same.
- Responsible for the implementation and measurement of programs success in partnership with the evaluation team.
- Support partnership relationship management, as it relates to program delivery
- Lead the growth of Canada Learning Code’s delivery channels nationally and regionally including strategic collaboration with other senior leaders
- Ensure effective, consistent delivery of experiences and continually monitor feedback and outcomes to ensure a productive learner experience and alignment with business objectives
- Partner with the Design team to determine optimal delivery solutions (online, video, small group, facilitated group, in person etc.) to optimize efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure that the appropriate training is delivered at the right time, the right way and to the right audience based on the needs of the learners
- You’ve held and achieved goals / targets (ie. sales, reach) and understand how to manage and grow a pipeline so you can coach others to success.
- You have demonstrated experience building a collaborative environment between cross functional departments
- You have proven people management skills, including managing up
- You have excellent relationship management skills, analytic, communication and presentation skills
- You consider yourself tech-savvy, comfortable with learning new technology and digital tools. You have experience with video conferencing tools, like Zoom
- You are a change agent who is open and flexible to new ideas and strategies and comfortable with leading change
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where innovative thinking, solutions-oriented personality and perspective is highly valued
- You are fluent in English, French is an asset.
- Must be able to provide a Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable sector screening
We are currently fully remote due to Covid-19, though our HQ is Toronto, we are open to applicants across Canada. Our team will have the option to return our Toronto office space when it is safe to do so – an entire floor at Queen and University (right around the corner from a subway station)!
This role may require some evening and weekend work. Some travel may be required if/when safe to do so.
This role reports to our COO, Nancy Madonik.
Why Join Our Team?
We’re doing something big and we have huge goals. Canada Learning Code is a place where you will be surrounded and supported by some amazing people who are light on ego, high on curiosity, and flat out want to make a difference. We are always looking for talented individuals who bring strong skill sets that complement and add to our existing teams along with innovative thinking, team attitude and an ability to show results.
All positions at our organization include the following perks & benefits:
- Being a part of a growing team that is changing the computer science education industry in a big way
- 15 days of vacation annually plus shut down during December (usually one week) for some rest and recharge time
- Up to 10 Personal Leave days per calendar year that can be used as floater holidays for religious and traditional practices that don't match the standard holiday schedule or whatever else you might need
- Group benefits including medical, dental and EAP
- Pregnancy & Parental Leave Top Up Program
- Professional development and the opportunity to participate in part-time courses and workshops for free
Step 1: Video Call with a member of our P&C Team
Step 2: Meeting with Hiring Manager
Step 3: Candidate Challenge with cross functional team members
Step 4: Life Story Meeting with members of the Senior Leadership Team
***Important note: If you are viewing this job posting on Indeed or another aggregated site, please apply directly here instead
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Canada Learning Code is committed to building a transparent environment where everyone feels heard, welcomed and included. We believe Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging are fundamental in our vision to harness the power of technology to create a better and more inclusive future. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, Black people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Our Commitment to Accessibility
Canada Learning Code is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please contact us at people(@)candalearningcode(dot)ca
Canada Learning Code is Canada's leading national charity championing digital literacy education. Placing a special emphasis on female, trans, and non-binary adults and youth, people with disabilities, Indigenous youth and newcomers, Canada Learning Code is proud to work from coast to coast to make sure that all Canadians have access to the knowledge they need to prosper in our digital world. Originally founded as Ladies Learning Code in 2011, the organization has evolved to run programming for adults, youth and educators through programs Ladies, Girls, Kids, Teens and Teachers Learning Code. Though 2020 has certainly gone differently than we expected it to, at Canada Learning Code we remain focused on our mission. Today, we are delivering live-online learning experiences across the country for adults, youth and educators. To date, Canada Learning Code has reached over 600,000 learners through an in-person experience.
Canada Learning Code is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity and inclusion within all our teams (employees and volunteers alike). We are committed to continuing to diversify our Teams across Canada. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented and minority groups – such as people of all gender expressions, indigenous people, and people of colour.