At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Since our clients inspire everything we do, we want people whose core values reflect our commitment to outstanding service. As members of our team, we’ll accompany you on your path to a rewarding career while working together to build first-class networks for Canadians.
Operations Support Systems (OSS) works to develop key software apps that help our tech teams plan, deploy, and operate our networks.
The Director – Network Service Management Solutions oversees a tech team that provides software functionality to manage wireless, wired, and video services in real time. You’ll play an active role in planning, deploying, and ensuring the success of projects for a complex multi-disciplinary team; selecting candidates for tech positions; and training technical staff.
What you will be doing:
• Be responsible for multiple projects and systems in terms of both support and development
• Create a work environment where staff are engaged, accountable, challenged, and recognized for their work
• Lead the team’s day-to-day operations through coaching, leadership, guidance, and performance management
• Manage, negotiate, and coordinate with technology and business partners to prioritize and implement initiatives
• Keep a record of deliverables, schedules, and other necessary information and provide reports as requested
• Manage capital and operational budgets with a view to optimizing costs
• Manage the capacity and lifecycle of tools and platforms to ensure services are available
• Manage partnerships with outside suppliers
• Lead the team by providing tier-two operational support when needed
Strengths and experience:
• You have strong written and verbal communication skills
• You are fluently bilingual in English and French
• You stay focused on your goals and ensure deadlines are met while addressing all obstacles
• You have a proven ability to recruit and lead professional software development teams in designing and deploying systems to meet the needs of our business partners
• A Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree or equivalent experience
• At least 5 years of personnel management experience
• 10 years of IT experience
• Experience in software development and large-scale application integration
• A thorough knowledge of telecommunications network management systems and operations is an asset
What we can offer you:
Rogers proudly wears the title of one of Canada’s Top Employers 2019 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
The newest technology to encourage collaboration and enable you to come up with the most creative and refreshing solutions.
We have a commitment to your personal growth through various mentorship programs, a Walk-a-Mile program to job shadow, and exciting opportunities to move throughout the company. We also have our teams covered with our wealth accumulation program, direct contribution pension plan, dental and health insurance, and employee discount program.
Schedule: Full time
Shift: No Selection
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 800, Gauchetiere O, Bureau 4000-Fido(182), Montreal, QC
Travel Requirements: No Selection
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Information Technology
Requisition ID: 203117
Together, we’ll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Information Technology & Engineering
Job Segment: Service Manager, Telecom, Telecommunications, Network, Manager, Customer Service, Technology, Management
Find similar jobs: