What is the opportunity?
As Director, Compensation Governance, you will be lead the Compensation Governance team to support and provide counsel related to, enterprise compensation governance and risk management practices, ensuring that policies and activities achieve established objectives and are managed effectively. You will oversee work efforts in support of the mandates of the Compensation Sub-Group, Compensation Risk Management and Oversight Committee (CRMOC), and Human Resources Committee (HRC) of the Board of Directors. You will ensure compensation programs, policies, initiatives and solutions reflect and are executed with good governance and sound risk management practices.
Please note this is a 1 year opportunity.
What will you do?
Regulator I External Stakeholder Communications:
- Manage an efficient and effective Regulatory Compliance Centre of Expertise (CoE) and maintain a strategic view to evolving the function based on business needs
Coordination of HRC I CRMOC I Sub Group materials:
- Review and approve incoming requests for compensation governance and policy design projects across the Compensation Teams in alignment with identified strategic business priorities
- Direct work effort/resources and break down barriers to support the Board and Senior Management in their oversight of the compensation practices
Year End Compensation Communication:
- Establish and maintain routines for work assignments, feedback, coaching and team updates and provide focus, leadership and direction to team members
- Lead and coach a high performing team of professionals to deliver against business priorities; solicit performance feedback from stakeholders and internal partners on team members
Engage the Workforce and Strengthen Values & Culture
- Work in partnership with the Director, Executive Compensation, to meet the objectives of the group by providing leadership in the execution of specified annual objectives, including the development of the group’s junior staff
- Execute change while supporting employees through the process, keeping them focused on business priorities
What do you need to succeed?
- Strong communication skills
- Detail orientation and strong organization skills
- Ability to influence and manage the direction of the Centre of Expertise (CoE) by assessing gaps and implementing initiatives
- Improved top level decision-making processes with a focus on thought leadership practices
- Experience within CoE models; influencing the development of the model to satisfy the overarching strategy
- Previous experience working with/for regulators an asset
- Understanding of legal requirements/ terminology and compliance
- Governance and oversight of the HR Compensation CoE
- Undergraduate degree with additional educational training/background in Finance, Law or Communications
- 7 – 10 years of experience in a corporate environment, ideally providing support to executives and corporate boards.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.
Address: 200 Bay Street
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Contract
Career Level: People Manager
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: Yes
Application Deadline: 03/03/2021
Platform: Corporate HR / Recruitment / Learning
Req ID: 324216