Company: Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union
Location: Ontario (CA-ON), Toronto
Job Type: Full-Time
Together, we help empower you to achieve what’s important in your life.
What’s the job?
Reporting to the SVP Credit Cards, the Director, Cards Credit Risk, Acquisition and Portfolio Management is accountable for managing programs, strategies and teams that drive engagement, customer experience
and portfolio management across all stages of the customer life cycle in the payments product area. This leader will be responsible for building, developing and coaching a strong, diverse, high performing team of payments specialists that drive growth in performance, prudent credit risk management and overall customer experience. This role leads several specialized teams in key areas: 1) Credit Strategy, 2) Customer Acquisition; 3) Portfolio
Management; and 4) Analytics.
What you’ll get to do:
- Lead a diverse group of internal stakeholders to ensure that strategies are aligned with organizational expectations in growth and customer experience. Key stakeholders include credit risk, analytics, technology and operations, marketing and sales forces.
- Development of targeted onboarding strategies that drive increased engagement and adoption of products
- Leads the design and development of a robust data strategy for the payments area, leveraging customer level data to build customized reporting and insights.
- Development of timely, accurate reporting and analytics to support customer growth, product and loyalty strategies across the business.
- Leads the development and continuous evolution of adjudication strategies which determine customer approval and initial credit limits.
- As subject matter experts, this team will be responsible for understanding industry trends and competitive offers to define strategies that meet the specific objectives of the organization.
- Builds a high-performing, agile team that owns the product data strategy.
- Integrates payments data and expertise as part of the overall customer data strategy
- Leads a diverse team of specialists who own several strategically important programs, including: Pricing and Balance Growth (Customer level pricing, risk based pricing, balance transfers); Credit Limit Management (Credit limit increase, decrease and risk-based authorization strategies); Customer Engagement and Retention (campaign management, upgrades, attrition mitigation, specialized customer ‘save team’ strategies).
- Leads team that owns all elements of above products, including P&L ownership, end-to-end customer experience, strategy, policy, operational risk, performance management.
- Leads and/or participates in initiatives across the organization related to customer engagement strategies, including resolving issues and customer escalations.
- As subject matter expert, influences stakeholders in area of portfolio management including technology, risk, marketing, sales forces, regulatory and compliance.
- Influences sales forces to keep payments products top of mind, and to develop training materials and content to enable products to be accurately explained to customers.
Who are we looking for?
- Deep payments industry expertise with 10+ years product, loyalty and/or portfolio management experience
- 5+ years building strategy, designing customer experience and driving transformational change
- 5+ years people leadership experience Partnership management
- P&L accountability and payments experience preferred
- Strong track record delivering results in ambiguous and challenging situations
- Minimum undergraduate university degree, an MBA or other post-graduate degree, or equivalent industry related experience preferred
- Human centered design and agile development experience an asset
- Significant Project and Program Management Experience
- Experience in business case development and financial modeling
- Product management and marketing experience
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re not all the same and we like it that way. We don’t just accept differences – we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe, the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.