The EA SPORTS DevOps team is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team. We’re looking for candidates with experience in both network and Unix/Linux administration and passion for technology.
You will partner with the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate and build projects and provide excellent results. You should have experience working with large-scale systems. The successful candidate should be passionate building automation to reduce manual tasks. This role will also involve some on-call support tasks.
* Directly support game server environments, from development to production.
* Build and support development, test and certification environments for games, including supporting deployment of Back End game servers.
* Troubleshoot application, network, and server-level problems.
* Develops Scripting and productivity enhancing tools for automation of system administration tasks.
* Maintain documentation of systems configurations and procedures, including runbooks for live support.
* Support an “always-on” gaming network infrastructure.
* Be “on-call” when needed to support feature launches, live events, and emergency escalations.
* Troubleshoot and correct issues raised from production and live services operations.
* Evaluate and adopt technologies which improve the team efficiency and platform capabilities.
* Ensure appropriate monitoring and alerting is in place to detect and troubleshoot problems.
* Work with a global team to implement technologies and provide support within a follow the Sun model.
* Mentor junior engineers, new hires, and interns.
* Partner with Development and QA teams for implementation of new game features; partners with other operations teams, IT, and external hosting providers to maintain secure and scalable infrastructure.
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited education institution in Computer engineering, computer science, information systems or equivalent.
* 4+ years of relevant experience in Linux/Unix Systems administration (especially CentOS/RedHat), including design, implementation, ongoing administration, and support of important systems.
* Experience with DevOps methodologies and technologies. (Docker, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
* Working knowledge of source control such as GIT or Perforce.
* Experience of common Scripting languages. (Perl, Shell, Python, PHP, the more the better)
* Expertise in OS security fundamentals for publicly accessible Linux server.
* Experience with LDAP, DNS, DHCP, NFS, and NAS.
* Experience with automation systems such as Jenkins.
Nice to have:
* Experience with Cloud providers. (AWS, GCP, Azure)
* Experience working with multiple network technologies. (NLB, VPN, Firewall, Ethernet Switches & Routers, Sniffers, TCP/IP, Network Subnetting, VLANs, etc)”
* Working knowledge of database concepts, database structures, relational data bases and related applications.
* Understanding of document and value store such as Cassandra, Memcached, Redis, RethinkDB, or MongoDB.