Our client, a leading scientific and medical device company, is currently seeking a DevOps specialist with experience in .NET and TeamCity to join their team. The vision is to move forward to hybrid and cloud based build system.
• Ability to react quickly and effectively to identify and resolve issues that heavily impact CI/CD system (immediate mitigation of impact, long-term resolution including strategies for risk mitigation/monitoring/alert for proactive resolution of potential future occurrences)
• Design, develop, unit test and implement build automation scripts including environment configuration validation processes
• Automate and improve development process by evaluation and introduction of new tools and scripts, and manage their life cycle and validation
• Determine branching strategy and maintain branches for various components, products and product lines
• Come up with solutions to open-ended problems that focus on workflow improvements for Software department
• Address issues with well-defined requirements efficiently; come up with short-term and long-term solutions and staged deployment strategies
• Self-driven– takes action to move tickets from start to completion with minimal oversight
• Ability to communicate with and consider perspectives of stakeholder including but not limited to: IT, software development, verification
• Ability to break down a problem into smaller components and solve them in logical, controlled, clearly explainable approach
• Lead the creation and maintenance of a pre-production environment as a test bed for build process improvements and changes before deployment to the production environment
• Gather metrics via direct input, data based on analysis of developer working habits analysis and pain points to assess current state and areas requiring further improvement
• Define chain of communication and immediate paths of action in the case of a build fault state
• Ability to work within constraints of internal network without access to commercial cloud solutions
• Create metrics that define ‘efficiency’ and ‘reliability’ in measurable terms, and track them
• Perform static code and security analysis
• Design and execute unit tests and perform code coverage analysis
• Able to work in Agile development team environment
**Top Skills Details:**
• 4+ years hands-on programming experience with C# and .NET (both Framework and Core)
• Build automation for .NET using TeamCity (Jenkins is an asset)
• Scripting languages: Windows batch scripting, Powershell, Ant/NAnt
• Source control systems usage, branching strategies and workflow (Git preferred, Subversion)
• Working with virtual machines and build management on virtual machines (VMware preferred).
• Managing configurations for multiple build environments
• OS administration and scripting experience (Windows is a must, Linux desired)
• Experience with work management and documentation tools: JIRA and Confluence
We thank you in advance for your interests. Due to the high number of applicants, only those qualified to proceed through the screening will be contacted.
**À propos d’Aerotek:**
Notre monde nous tient à cœur. Reconnu Best of Staffing MD par nos clients et le talent que nous recrutons, Aerotek MD Inc. se distingue comme chef de file du recrutement et en de la dotation de personnel grâce à sa grande compréhension des liens entre le talent et les affaires. Étant donné qu’Aerotek est un partenaire stratégique de plus de 18 000 clients et 300 000 employés contractuels chaque année, son approche axée sur les gens lui permet d’offrir un avantage concurrentiel à ses clients et des emplois gratifiants à ses employés contractuels. Aerotek, dont le siège social est à Hanover, au Maryland, exploite un réseau de plus de 250 bureaux non franchisés, comptant plus de 8 000 employés internes dévoués à servir nos clients. Aerotek est une société en exploitation d’Allegis Group, un fournisseur multinational de solutions en matière de talent. Pour en savoir davantage, consultez le site aerotek.com/fr-ca.
We know that a company’s success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual’s success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek’s people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek’s 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.