Primary responsibility: Prepares the vessel’s daily newsletter, promotional flyers/bios and distributes in paper format and electronically.
Secondary responsibility: Variety of administrative support functions for Hotel Manager.
Desktop Publisher operates computer equipment, software and printer to perform necessary word processing functions in accordance with technical manuals and established procedures. Utilizes spreadsheet software packages for basic mathematical formulas and graphic presentation of information.
Gathers information from various departments to update and prepare the vessel’s daily newsletter in English. Proof reads all materials for grammar appropriateness. Works closely with the Cruise Director to ensure quality and consistency of the newsletter. Works with the International Host to prepare the foreign language version of the vessel’s daily newsletter. Forwards the final newsletters to the Hotel Manager for approval.
Prepares layouts for printed materials as instructed by the Marketing Department.
Performs secretarial duties for the Hotel Manager as needed, such as checking and answering e-mails, posting notices, printing out ratings reports and comment cards. Schedules appointments and maintains filing systems. Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials and distributes to appropriate people and departments. Sends, receives and distributes fax messages as required. Composes routine letters and correspondence. Keeps the Hotel Manager informed of outstanding issues as they arise or in tickler files. Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities, and records and transcribes minutes of meetings.
Orders and maintains office-related supplies, and arranges for equipment maintenance.
– Two to three years experience using intermediate features of Adobe Pagemaker vs. 6.5 or above.
– Understanding of layouts and use of design elements including graphics, digital photos, line art, vector images etc.
– Ability to create and manage digital library of images for later retrieval.
– Excellent ability to multi-task while under pressure.
– Ability to stay calm while under pressure.
– Self starter with strong follow up and EXCELLENT attention to detail.
– Ability to consistently meet deadlines. Typing 40 – 50 wpm.
– Excellent knowledge of personal computers in a Windows environment with LOTUS e-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel and related printers and equipment. Knowledge of standard office procedures and organizational skills.