JOB POSTING #855156
Site: University and E.W. Bickle Centres, Toronto Rehab
Department: Dental Services
Reports to: Manager, Outpatient Services
Salary Range: $22.07 – 27.59 per hour
hours per week
Status: Temporary Part-Time
up to May 2021
"We are a caring, creative and accountable academic Hospital, transforming Healthcare for Our Patients, Our Community and the World"
Health Network (UHN)
represents the coming together of shared values and diverse expertise in patient care, research and teaching. Each of our facilities (Toronto General Hospital, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital and Toronto Rehab) makes a unique contribution to the whole. Together, we create something far greater than the sum of our parts.
A leader in adult rehabilitation and complex continuing care, the
Toronto Rehabilitation Institute
brings together innovative patient care, groundbreaking research and diverse education to help people overcome or recover from disabling injury, illness or age-related conditions.
Toronto Rehab Dentistry has an exciting opportunity for a
and is interested in hearing from Preventive Dental Assistants. The successful applicant will be responsible for all job duties associated with general practice assisting, including: preparation of the working area; sterilization of instruments; handing instruments to the dentist or hygienist; suctioning the oral cavity; preparation of filling materials; exposing, processing and mounting of radiographs & photographs as specified by HARP; performance of simple laboratory procedures; recording data on patient’s record or chart; patient education on oral health and other duties as required by the dentist.
• At minimum, graduate of accredited dental assisting program and preventive dental assisting program
• At minimum, 1 year practical experience as a Dental Assistant
• Successful completion of Basic Cardiac Life Support (C level)
• Current registration in the Province of Ontario; CDA/PDA
• Current HARP certification
• Member of the Ontario Dental Assistants Association (ODAA)
• Experience working in a hospital setting
• Experience working with medically compromised patients
• Highly experienced with all dental procedures
• Highly motivated and goal oriented
• Strong ability to work as a member of a team
• Ability to anticipate the needs of the dentist, patient and other team members
• Excellent communication skills and time management skills
• Ability to multitask and maintain patient flow
• Good problem solving skills and ability to prioritize
February 13th, 2020
If you are interested in making a contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position.
Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.