InVision is a Professional Recruitment Firm involved in Engineering, Industrial/Skilled Trades, Information Technology and Professional Services within Canada and the U.S. We have a successful track record working on both small and large recruitment projects, across North America.
Our client, a global manufacturing company, is seeking an ASME Welder/Fitter.
The Fitter / Welder is responsible for fabrication, assembly and welding of pipework assemblies, located in the North American Gas Transmission plant.
· Observe welding procedures under ASME section 4 and 8.
· Accurate TIG, MIG, and Stick electrode welding and fabrication work to GA and schematic drawings.
· Welding quality and inspection to CWB Group
· Carry out 100% visual inspection of welds and fabrication
· Carry out and overview of all radiographic welding requirements
· Ensure welding screens are used where possible
· Use only materials specified and allocated for each job
· Ensure identification and traceability of material and fabrication throughout production process
Health and Safety
· Health and safety of oneself and others
· Maintain good housekeeping standards adhering to 5S
Comply with relevant standards
· Adherence to ASME Section 4&8 Code requirements ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and other National Standards
· Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with SAA’s Health & Safety Policy
· Weld to all ASME welding procedures
· Knowledge of all welding procedures under ASME section 4 and 8. Accurate TIG, MIG, and Stick electrode welding and fabrication work to GA and schematic drawings.
· Ability to work on own imitative and as part of a team
· Minimum of two years’ previous ASME welding experience
· TSSA Pressure Vessel Pipe Welding Program certificate GTAW and SMAW
· Ability to read and understand schematic and general arrangement drawings
· Full-time Permanent with full Benefits Package
· Day Shift
· Great Opportunity for growth
All Qualified candidates will be contacted
InVision is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.