Overview: Clean and maintain the public spaces on a daily basis following the cleaning schedule established by the Management onboard.
– Handle all the cleaning materials, chemicals and machinery necessary for the daily operation.
– Participate in a training program in order to develop skills in view for future promotions.
– Must be able to work with Cleaning Machinery, assigned by the ship. This will include training for the different machinery onboard.
– Must follow at all times the United States Public Health Rules and Regulations.
– Assist with loading or provisions as directed.
– Responsible for the cleanliness, maintenance and upkeep of all equipment and any other ship’s property that he/she is working with, to be responsibly minded for the breakage and loss of any equipment.
– Use only ship’s authorized chemicals in the way and manner they’ve been instructed.
– Attend departmental meetings and trainings when requested.
Perform all duties other than above as requested by his/her Supervisor
Safety – Fire / safety according to the ship’s rules and regulations.
Education / Training: HIgh School or higher. Experience and/or training in the hospitality field considered a plus.
– Must be able to read and interpret English.
– Additional language a plus.
Experience / Skills / Character:
– Must be able to work unsupervised and to a fixed time of schedule.
– Must be reliable, honest and friendly.
– Must be flexible.
– Must be able to work under pressure.
Personal hygiene and appearance:
– Take a shower before the commencement of one’s shift.
– Have trimmed and neat haircut.
– Have at all times short and clean fingernails.
– Be always neat / well groomed and shaved.
– Only delicate / appropriate jewelry to be worn