Genesis Advanced Technology – INVENTING THE FUTURE
We are an R&D company that strives to make the world a better place through inventive mechanical design.
The technologies developed out of the company’s headquarters in British Columbia, are set to disrupt a broad range of sectors including oil and gas, clean energy, medical, automotive, aerospace, industrial automation and robotics. Excellence in design and function are made possible by the company’s commitment to culture. Every member of the GAT team implements the company’s five values into their work and daily interactions: excellence, collaboration, humility, respect, and integrity. Our growing team is currently made up of 35+ individuals with diverse skillsets, and after the successful transaction of Genesis Robotics and its LiveDrive technology in early 2018, the team at GAT is now focused on continuing to invent and develop new technologies that will change industries and lives for generations to come.
See more on an exciting new partnership between Genesis Robotics, Genesis Advanced Technology and Koch Industries:
We are looking for a Financial Business Analyst who will work closely with our executive team and CEO. You will be Supporting and involved in initiatives such as investor relations, financial development, modeling, analysis, business development and legal.
- Develop strategies, structures and financial models for business activities and fundraising activities.
- Participate in strategic conversations surrounding things such as financial forecasts, valuations, equity dilution, etc.
- Develop a Strong understanding of our business and legal documents (i.e. existing term sheets, purchase agreements, lease documents, etc).
- Discuss commercial terms of various agreements/contracts with external parties.
- Aid in the reviewing and drafting of legal documents (i.e., leases, amendments to existing legal documents, term sheets, etc.) to ensure alignment with high-level discussions.
- Must embody the companies 5 core values (Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, Humility, Excellence).
- Aid in the research and sourcing of government funding opportunities and complete documentation/applications.
- Perform market research using novel and creative methods.
- Develop a financial analysis of the implications of decisions in topics such as equity offerings, acquisitions, etc.
- Create, develop and present/pitch presentations.
- Manage multiple initiatives and timelines simultaneously.
- Consistently make timely decisions while effectively weighing risks.
- Prepare regular status updates for other members of the senior management team and investors.
Experience And Qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience operating in a financial or business analyst role.
- Must have MBA & CFA designation.
- Must possess excellent reasoning/technical ability; analyze problems, identify solutions, select and implement the best alternative and effectively communicate the logic behind the decision to others in a collaborative and constructive way.
- Must be able to handle hard and stressful situations while maintaining a positive and mature attitude.
- Strong ability for quick mental math calculations.
- Candidate should be a strong multitasker.
- Preference is given to those familiar with the full life cycle of product development, from concept to mature commercial product.
- Preference is given to those with R&D experience.
- Preference is given to those with Technical background (i.e. Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Computer Science.)
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Candidate must be very detail focused.
- Candidate must have a high degree of professionalism, with the ability to quickly and consistently exercise good judgment.
- Self-motivated, action-oriented, organized and capable of managing multiple priorities on competing timelines
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills in written and verbal English.
- High level of initiative and time management ability.
- High functioning, with the ability to multitask and pivot on very short notice.
The ideal candidate:
- You share our values (Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, Humility, Excellence) and want to work with a team where everyone also shares those values.
- You like solving mathematical problems and can hold a “balance” while having a conversation with CEO, team members or investors.
- You like the challenge of reading and interpreting legal documents and contracts
- You can create a presentation and are comfortable presenting
- You’re excited about new technology and like to keep up to date on trends and companies
- You have a basic understanding of engineering and creating physical products/prototypes
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, where decisions and implementation happen quickly
- You are excited to work in a start-up type environment where you can wear many hats and grow with the company
If you feel that you are the ideal candidate for this position, please include a cover letter addressing the points listed in "The Ideal Candidate" section.
Top candidates may be requested to conduct a one-way, recorded video interview.