Work at an award-winning top employer! If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you’ve landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing.
What BCAA offers you:
- It’s not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being named as one of BC’s Top Employers 2020, 2019 Platinum level Best Employer by AON and being recognized as a 2018 Outstanding Workplace by YWCA.
- Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
- We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
- We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that’s committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
- Our Regular Full-Time & Part-Time+ (working 20 hours or more per week) status team members are eligible to participate in our amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
- Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.
BCAA’s Finance team is hiring a Regular Full-time Corporate Accountant I. Reporting to the Manager, Accounting, the Corporate Accountant I is responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of monthly financial results and supports the quarterly and annual financial reporting and ongoing compliance of the organization.
- Create, update month end schedules and prepare related reports and month end journal entries
- Reconcile and prepare third party insurance product remittances
- Reconcile and prepare adjustments to balance transactions between the general ledger and accounting sub-systems
- Analyze various GL accounts, identify inconsistencies and take corrective action
- Record and maintain lease schedules and prepaid schedules
- Respond to various queries and requests from external and internal auditors
- Assist Senior Accountants with year-end audit working paper preparation
- Assist the Senior Accountants in the preparation and reconciliation of the company’s quarterly and annual financial statements and supporting notes
- Prepare premium tax schedules to the federal and provincial tax agencies.
- Prepare and reconcile quarterly and annual insurance results and related working papers and schedules for our insurance broker and reinsurers.
Special Projects, Other Duties and Continued Development
- Recommend and implement enhancements to systems and processes as necessary
- Assist various testing for system reports as required
- Provide back up to Accounting team members
- Other projects as assigned Manager, Accounting
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, CPA or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three (3) years of relevant accounting experience and/or a combination of education with progress towards a Canadian CPA
- Proven experience in a high transactional volume environment
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of enterprise wide financial and reporting systems and technology-based applications, with emphasis on spreadsheet and databases
- Proven ability to effectively communicate accounting information to both financial and non-financial people at various levels
- Demonstrated understanding of enterprise risk management
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
Internal Applicants: The deadline to apply for this role is February 15, 2021. Any internal applications received after the internal application deadline will be considered with external applications. Please note this is a Grade 9 position.
We aspire to be one of the best places to work for those who value integrity, teamwork and sustainability. Each of us will grow personally and professionally by doing engaging work with inspiring people.