You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
Location- Montreal, Toronto, Quebec City, Waterloo. Anywhere in Onatrio or Quebec will be considered. Bilingual French/English preferred.
The Contract Labour Office’s (CLO) mandate is to partner with the business to enable an expedited and customer-centric positive approach to engaging external resources. At the same time, balancing the commercial needs of the business with mitigating risk to the firm. This mandate is achieved by:
- Utilizing internal contingent workforce expert practitioners, who continuously expand their skills and remain up-to-date on market intelligence.
- Acting as trusted advisors, to educate, challenge the status quo, and advise the business on creative approaches to find the right solutions.
- Delivering a customer-centric approach to the business and external resources by minimizing administration efforts, anticipating their needs, projecting a ‘how can I help you’ attitude, and actively collaborating with Hiring Managers to deepen relationships.
What you will do
Reporting to the National Leader of the Contract Labour Office (CLO), the CLO Specialist will execute processes related to external resources – during the initial setup, while on contract, and when renewing or departing – for all functions and locations across Canada (the CLO processes 1000+ external resources per year of varying size – from individual to multi-million dollar organizations). Additionally, the Specialist will play a significant role in ensuring operational excellence is achieved by contributing to ongoing improvements to the team’s internal workflows, technology, and documentation. The CLO Specialist:
- Applies technical expertise to advise, guide, and support Hiring Managers in the engagement of external resources, critical to meeting the needs of their clients/projects.
- Leverages available technology to optimize CLO use-experience, processes, and usage of team resources.
- Places a key role in optimizing processes and ensuring documentation is updated for relevant stakeholders.
The successful candidate would be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Promote the CLO’s internal brand through a customer-centric delivery approach to the business and external resources and by exhibiting attributes of a subject-matter expert and trusted advisor.
- Facilitate intake conversations with Hiring Managers (Partners and Sr. Managers).
- Gather, interpret, and assess information related to the setup and case management of external resources.
- Conduct required due diligence on resources (KPMG history, background checks, independence, business verification, etc.).
- Educate and advise stakeholders on course of action.
- Maintain continuous contact with stakeholders to keep them apprised of progress related to their cases or requests.
- Document and maintain information in shared record-keeping tools to be used as reference data, source information for reporting and analytics, and be utilized for compliance audits.
- Be aware of flags that would deem a case to be ‘complex.’
- Collaborate with other members of the team to ensure business needs are met.
- Respond to ad hoc inquiries/requests to the CLO functional mailbox (or own inbox) by providing education, instructions, clarifications, redirection, information, etc. or triaging appropriately.
- Proactively identify repeatable and/or administrative processes that can be automated through RPA, SNow, or other technological solutions.
- Manage SNow optimization for CLO, including attending monthly Open
- Consultation meetings with representatives from other areas, manage change requests, and create and maintain dashboards/ homepages/ templates/ reports/ and other functionality as required.
- Overall accountability for SNow user-acceptance testing.
- Participate in RPA implementations, including but not limited to process identification, costing/ROI, design, UAT, documentation, change & communication, etc.).
- Monitor RPA SLAs and error rates on a weekly basis and make adjustments as appropriate.
- Utilize technology to meet the reporting needs of CLO National Leader, CLO team members, and the business.
- Manage CLO reporting, including creating and managing report templates, while ensuring accuracy of data and supporting the transformation of data into meaningful information.
- Awareness of system impacts to CLO processes (e.g. RMS, GLMS, Coupa, IBS, iCIMS, Sentinel, etc.).
- Lead or contribute to internal process improvements by identifying improvements/ modifications, investigating issues, conducting impact analyses, and managing related change management activities.
- Maintain SOPs, forms & templates, and SNow knowledge articles.
- Manage translation requests with KPMG’s translations services team and act as the bilingual final reviewer in the CLO.
- Ensure all policies and processes are documented and accessible to the appropriate stakeholders and play a lead role in educating and/or training the CLO, Procurement, Offshore team, and HR community on any new processes.
- Be aware of related contingent workforce matters, legislation, policies, and practices.
- Proactively identify repeatable processes that can be outsourced, either onshore (e.g. via Procom or agencies) or offshored.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of offshore team, with respect to CLO-related processes.
- Monitor offshore SLAs and error rates on a monthly basis and make adjustments as appropriate.
What you bring to the role
- 3-5 years’ experience dealing with agencies/staffing firms, contract labour, or a contingent workforce.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, in both English and French (bilingualism required).
- Demonstrated ability to deal with multiple stakeholders including senior firm members/ Partners, contractors, external service providers, and various subject-matter experts (e.g. ITS, Finance, etc.).
- Attention to detail and accuracy is paramount.
- Proven ability to work well in a fast paced, highly demanding, team environment, and manage a high volume of work with varying degrees of complexity.
- Organized, and able to manage competing priorities for multiple stakeholders.
- Consistently deliver value to all stakeholders by providing timely, high-quality service and documentation.
- Keen eye for continuous improvement and efficiency, with a strong aptitude for conducting impact analysis assessments.
- Demonstrated success on operational, process driven initiatives.
- Proficient and comfortable with working in multiple technologies with the ability to identify and implement opportunities to utilize technology as an enabler.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, especially MS Excel.
- Experience with ServiceNow an asset.
- Experience with robotics process automation (RPA) an asset.
Position is virtual, however there may be instances post COVID-19 to be in the Toronto and or Vaughn office for team and company meetings.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact KPMG’s Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3. KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant’s individual accessibility needs.