A construction company that specializes is hotel renovations, commercial interior fit outs as well as residential renovations / new builds is looking for a highly motivated, energetic and organized Construction Estimator/Planner to join their team and grow within the company. This individual will have to overlook projects from start to finish in the GTA.
– Health and Dental benefits available
– Gas/Mileage allowance for travel between job sites
– Easily accessible/close to a highway
– Professional yet friendly environment
Requirements & Duties:
– Experienced with reading and understanding Construction Design Documents and specifications.
– Experienced in performing construction cost estimates and quantity surveys for various scopes of work.
– Work closely with Owner, Designers, and Project Managers to develop and maintain detailed resource loaded schedules of Design/Build construction projects using MS Project 2016.
– Overall Trade Management/Coordination, and of cost and design issues.
– Integrate multiple schedules into a master project schedule, base line, status and perform measurement baseline.
– Develop and maintain summary level schedule reports: Gantt, milestone charts, and other tools used to support critical path analysis, near-term tasks work, priority based resource allocations, performance variances, and to support cost/schedule integration.
– Gather and analyze information to prepare reports on the projects.
– Frequent on-site visits to review construction progress.
– Support the project management team in the planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting of projects, including dashboard maintenance.
– Work in collaboration with project management team to drive consistency of the project scheduling approach to facilitate accuracy in project execution and reporting.
– Troubleshoot and monitor potential scheduling problems.
– Maintain accurate records/paperwork.
– Facilitate and participate in weekly schedule reviews.
– Training of Foreman, Superintendents & Project Manager/Coordinators to learn, or increase skills in project scheduling company wide.
– Degree/Diploma in engineering or construction related program
– Minimum of 5 years of construction project planning and estimating experience.
– Minimum of 3 years of experience using MS Project and MS Excel.
– Highly proficient in MS Project to manage an integrated master schedule and the supporting detailed schedules.
– Extremely proficient in MS Office.
– Superior interpersonal and demonstrated facilitation skills, including the ability to motivate and influence others, build effective interpersonal relationships, and be able to foster and contribute to a positive and productive team environment.
– Creative and innovative with assignments. Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in work style to better respond to multiple requests/tasks and handle sudden changes in priorities. Able to embrace and participate in change initiatives.
– Strong organizational, analytical, and writing skills, to include solid experience in writing functional and technical specifications.
– Excellent communication skills.