The Compensation Specialist supports the delivery of compensation programs.
The Compensation Specialist supports the delivery of compensation programs, maintains compensation and incentive data, conducts market research and analysis.
- Develop, implement and maintain project plans relating to the delivery of compensation programs for the organization
- Research, assess and develop recommendations based on best practices for enhancing current corporate compensation programs. Leverage analytics and reporting to inform recommendations
- Conduct position evaluations, job classifications, preparing job descriptions, assessing the budgetary impact of compensation decisions and providing oversight of compliance with regulations
- Design and adjust salary structures and compensation packages and develop policies and procedures.
- Maintains and updates compensation data and job descriptions; consults with HR systems analysts regarding problems with programming and data integrity.
- Participate in the annual review of benefits and pension programs
Key Qualification & Experiences:
- 2+ years in a compensation role or analytics role with good knowledge of compensation practices and principles to positively impact employee performance and business results bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a related discipline preferred
- Strong communication, influencing, and collaboration skills, at all levels, across the organization
- Seasoned, experienced professional with a demonstrated understanding compensation
- Fully bilingual, both oral and written in English and French
- Strong information technology skills (Office suite, HRIS, interfaces, process automation)
- Experience with SAP (asset)
- Initiative, sense of urgency, good organization skills, and attention to detail