Lovett Signs Inc.
negotiable / month
We are a growing sign manufacturing company based in Guelph and are currently looking to expand our team.
The Position: We’re looking for a CNC Router Operator. The pay range we’re offering is between $19.00 – $25.00 based on experience
- We offer full benefit options after three months.
- We also offer a friendly and comfortable work environment.
- Full on-site gym
- Christmas Shut-Downs
- Direct deposit, weekly
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- High School Diploma is Preferred. With 1 – 3 years of experience operating an AXYZ CNC Router Machine
- Must be able to read and write English, must also have good math skills.
- Ability to demonstrate effective listening and verbal skills. Good work ethic.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters.
- Experience working with hand and power tools; reading and understanding a tape measure
- Team oriented with an ability to work with others in a multicultural and clean shop environment
- Must be proficient in CorelDraw, Tool Path, VCarve Pro and Aspire
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Loads table by lifting stock into position.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Experience with signage is plus.
- Verify and ensure accuracy of information prior to production.
- Able to interpret standard drawings to ensure files are created correctly.
- Rout all aspects of signs to company standards as per work orders.
- Plan details of working procedures, determine which materials are required.
- Assist in other areas of production as assigned
- Work between the hours of 7 A.M. to 5 P.M.
- Weekends (Saturday) may be required.
For over 80 years, Lovett Signs has been on the leading edge of research and development of new products for their customers across Canada. With their Head Office located in Guelph, Ontario, Lovett Signs offers an environment where employees focus on positive outcomes and support growth and personal development. Lovett Signs is committed to work-life balance and offers an excellent benefits package for employees.