Job Posting #855196
Clinical Research Coordinator I
Site: Toronto General Hospital Research Institute
Department: Centre for Global eHealth Innovation
Reports to: Principal Investigator
Salary Range: $33.14 to $41.42 per hour (Commensurate with experience and consistent with UHN Compensation Policy)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Status: Temporary Full-Time (1 year)
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of a
Clinical Research Coordinator I
in our Centre for Global eHealth Innovation.
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where above all else the needs of patients come first, encompasses
Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN . The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
Find out about our purpose, values and principles here .
Our mission at eHealth Innovation is to change healthcare delivery for all by designing thoughtful digital technologies that are empathetic and empower people. We work tirelessly with whip-smart local and international minds from interdisciplinary areas like sciences, design, technology, and health fields to transform health systems around the globe.
Embedded within Toronto General Hospital (University Health Network), we are part of one of the largest medical research centres in North America and have unparalleled access to insights from those who use our healthcare system the most – patients and clinicians. Due to this unique positioning and our vast skill set, our work is making an impact right now in areas of diabetes, health failure, asthma, chronic pain, juvenile arthritis, and prostate cancer.
Working under the direction of a Research Scientist, this position will allow you to collaborate with an interdisciplinary research team as we work to execute a multi-site project focused on virtualizing care delivery.
Responsibilities will include:
• Leading the overall execution of a nation-wide, multi-site clinical research project
• Developing and maintaining key study documentation and records, including research protocols, informed consent and data collection tools, across all study sites
• Executing necessary approval(s) required for study initiation, including legal contracts, ethical approvals and sponsor documentation
• Daily management and support of study staff, including Research Analysts and Research Students; maintaining open and transparent communication, and oversight, of both local and remote research teams
• Supporting all research activities, including recruitment of participants, execution of informed consent, data collection and storage of collected information
• Maintaining and managing study databases, and assisting with analysis and dissemination of study results
• Spearheading timely communication with all reporting agencies, including granting agencies, study sponsors and ethical boards, and completion of all necessary annual reporting
• Assisting in writing grant proposals and supporting future funding opportunities
• At minimum, Bachelor’s Degree in health-related field or science-related discipline (e.g. health sciences, biomedical sciences, engineering); Master’s Degree preferred
• At minimum, 3 years of clinical and/or professional experience
• Up to 1 year clinical research experience preferred
• Demonstrated relevant clinical research knowledge an asset
• Experience supporting research projects through all study phases, from grant application through to study closeout and result dissemination preferred
• Familiarity with theories of digital health evaluation, behaviour change, user-centred design, and chronic disease management
• Knowledge of research regulations and guidelines (such as ICH/GCP, Tri-Council Policy, Declaration of Helsinki, FDR, CFR and Health Canada TPD as required)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line.
You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
February 13, 2020
February 27, 2020
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.