In charge of all daily security operations on board and while in port, including training of the crew and training of Security Watchman
Responsibility and Authority
– Commit to the Company’s Core Values – carry out daily activities following the R.I.T.E. way – Respect, Integrity, Trust and Excellence are the foundation of all our actions, every day, in everything we do.
– Assume personal responsibility for safety and the environment. Be accountable for themselves and the safety of others in their vicinity. Environmental consciousness forms one part of this accountability.
– Attend shipboard senior management meetings.
– Train Security Watchman on the job.
– Intervene to deal with difficult guests.
– Member of the Code Mike Team.
– Conduct Alcohol and Drug Testing.
– Conduct Cabin Search.
– Enforce Firearms/Weapons policy.
– Enforce Illegal Narcotics.
– Conduct Investigations.
– Comply with Security Report procedures.
– Organize Security Patrols.
– Coordinate Port Security Activities.
– Countersign the Security Guard Log Book and investigate all incidents logged when required.
– Scheduling of Security Watchman.
– Undertake regular security inspections of the ship to ensure that appropriate security measures are maintained.
– Maintain and supervise the implementation of the Ship Security Plan, and propose modifications if needed.
– Monitor the effectiveness of the SSP.
– Coordinate the security aspects of the handling of ship’s stores with other shipboard personnel and with the relevant Port Facility Security Officers.
– Enhance security awareness and vigilance on board.
– Ensure that adequate security training has been provided to shipboard personnel.
– Ensure that any security equipment is properly operated, tested, calibrated, and maintained.
– Direct responsible of the vessel’s key system keeping the key-plan up to date along with the keys inventory.
– All other duties as assigned.
– Security Guards
– Staff Captain
Education and Experience
* Holds Basic Safety Course Certificate and appropriate licenses and certificates as required by regulations.
* Some experience on passengers vessels of as Security Officer or equivalent.
* Knowledge and understanding of the Company SMS.
* Thorough knowledge of the vessel he/she is assigned to.
Leadership and managerial skills including but not limited to:
– Acquaintance with Security Equipment such as screening x-ray machines, etc.
– Decision Making
– Team Building
– Coaching and Counseling
– Conflict Resolution
– Time Management
– Computer Literacy
– Customer Service