About the role:
The Chief of Staff will act primarily to support the executive leadership at Roll which will include a strategic advisory roll. This will includes working with the senior leadership team to to help define our long-term strategy. You will attend all major executive meetings and be responsible for following up and action items. We are looking for a jack of all trades type of person, someone who understands mobility and policy but can also take action to push our company forward and create results. We consider this as a high growth role that will eventually transition to an executive position as we grow A background in urban policy/a tech environment/ business is ideal but not required. Roll is a small but growing startup and we are looking for a Chief of Staff that can fill in the gaps where need, and take initiative as required. Compensation is competitive and includes stock options.
Your day to day:
- Work with executive team on advancing our strategy and business
- Manage meetings to ensure that the full team is aware prepped and follow through on any action items
- Work to develop our government and stakeholder relations strategy
- Create and maintain cross-departmental relationships to keep a pulse on key projects
- Balance day to day operations with long term strategic planning, focusing on new business opportunities
- This role and it's day to day will vary based on current projects and must be able to switch directions easily.
Qualities key to success:
- Well organized: This is a project management role and involves attending numerous executive meetings. The chief of staff is responsible for prepping the team in advance, keeping the meeting on track and following up on action items. You can successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Versatile: The company is multifaceted and touches on many different sectors, including municipal policy, technology, transportation, business development and government relations. Experience in all areas is not required but a proven track record of succeeding in new environments is.
- High Emotional Intelligence: You are able to adapt your approach to your audience and able to build strong relationships with a wide variety of people and stakeholders. You manage manage difficult situations calmly and effectively. You exhibit a high degree of empathy.
- Communication: You can communicate expectations easily. You are able to admit failures, and acknowledge uncertainties.
- Analytical: You use a data drive approach to decision making and have a strong and have a strong attention to detail
- Education and Experience: A minimum of two years of work experience. A background in urban policy/business or experience in a startup is an asset but not necessary.
We encourage atypical candidates to apply. We value a unique perspective an encourage those who may fit some (but not all) of the above criteria to apply. We are looking for a multifaceted individual who may not posses all criteria but has a proven desire to be able to learn new skills in different environments. Please apply with a cover letter and resume. A cover letter is a necessity and will be evaluated for written communication skills.
Please apply before Friday February 19th.
Roll is a Canadian owned, developed, and operated micro-mobility company incubated in the University of Toronto's Entrepreneurship Hub. At Roll, we are shaping urban mobility. As cities outgrow their reliance on cars, Roll aims to bridge the gaps in public transportation and grow micro-mobility alternatives safely and sustainably.