An exciting opportunity has arisen for Chefs to travel the world, whilst getting paid and having the opportunity to work with our celebrity chefs.
We are currently recruiting for Chef De Partie, Pastry positions to work onboard our 5 Star luxury vessels, in a structured and developmental environment, with quality produce and superb equipment in highly professional, diligent and dedicated teams.Our galleys deliver in excess of over 1000 covers, at every sitting. You will be working in large teams of up to 165 chefs from mixed nationalities. You will work 10 hours a day over a period of 2 – 3 shifts, 7 days a week for the duration of your contract.
Reporting to Senior Chef De Partie and Sous Chef, you will be responsible for managing an allocated area within the Galley operation and to ensure that all staff comply with relevant Company standards and procedures, with the aim of providing the Company desired service product. You will be providing professionally prepared quality food product within budget and in line with the Corporate Menu Cycle. You are also responsible for complying with all legal, safety, hygeine and administration procedures as well as HR and HS&E policies.
The duties will be varied working across different sections and a number of dining outlets, including the potential opportunity of working with our celebrity chefs. In addition to your professional duties you will also have to deliver staff training and have ship safety duties & responsibilities.
– Managing an allocated area within the Galley operation, reporting back in the Chef Patissier
– Providing professionally prepared quality food product within budget
– You are also responsible for complying with all safety, hygiene and administration procedures
– Delivering in excess of over 1000 covers – freshly prepared for every sitting
– Working across different sections and a number of dining outlets
– Significant operational experience in high volume catering facilities such as conferenceevents, banqueting or large scale 4/5* hotels
– Managerial or supervisory experience within large galley/kitchen teams
– Ideally Galley cruise ship experience
To succeed in this role you need to be professional, diligent, disciplined and committed to consistent quality assurance on a large scale. In return, we offer exceptional rates of pay, which is potentially tax free, all accommodation costs covered, all meals & uniform provided. You will also get the opportunities to meet new people & see the world, interspersed with 2 month leave periods.