– Ensures that each Demi Chef de Partie and Commis understands his/her portion of the menu, including the recipes and presentations.
– Active participation on food preparation and presentation.
– Maintains USPH standards, which include follow up of proper food handling, storage, cleaning and personal hygiene procedures.
– Reports defective Galley equipment to ensure that food production and food service is not interrupted.
– Follows proper utilization procedures of food leftovers and recycles them in the best possible and safest way.
– Maintains timely preparation, final cooking and garnishing of menu items, including buffet preparation.
– Setting-up of breakfast, luncheon, and dinner service lines.
– Ensures that menu items are re-supplied as necessary.
– Ensures that waste control, low grocery breakage and garbage separation is followed.
– Executes and supervises culinary production delivery in assigned production area / station according to company supplied recipes and enforces picture presentation as the minimum standard.
– Coaches subordinate crew in assigned area of production to ensure correct standard of the product under the direction of the Executive Chef or his representative.
– Supervises and controls galley crew and production flow in assigned station during operational activities as directed by the Executive Chef or his representative.
– Controls delivery of product in assigned section through tasting and control of mise en place during production as instructed by the Executive Chef or his representative.
– Plans the daily production schedule for assigned section as required by the itinerary and various outlets supplied under the direction of the Executive Chef or his representative.
– Maintains an understanding of ingredients consumption required for daily production and informs the Executive Chef or his representative.
– Contributes to the formulation and implementation of galley improvement strategies.
– Participates in daily briefings with galley management to discuss previous day’s operational efficiency and production and upcoming events.
– Conducts briefings with the galley staff in assigned section at the beginning of each shift.
– Knowledge of basic food preparation, presentation and preservation
– Basic knowledge of Public Health and Sanitation regulations and procedures
– Formal degree in food management from a recognized International culinary institution
– Proof of continuing education translated in certificates or letter of participation in specialized courses
– Ability to train and motivate subordinates
– Ability to innovate and foster creativity
– Ability to organize and complete work in accordance to deadlines
– Experience in quality establishments and good knowledge of English are essential.