We are looking to hire a full-time camp chef to help run Blue Fox Camp, a fly-in trout fishing lodge located in the Algoma Highlands north of Blind River, ON (see www.bluefoxcamp.com). The main requirements of the job are to provide three meals daily to our American Plan Clients at designated times, manage the cookhouse, keep an ongoing food inventory, and help coordinate the food shipments. Secondary responsibilities will be to help clean and maintain guest cabins, and help with general camp organization.
Client satisfaction is paramount in this industry and only applicants that understand what it takes to provide first rate service will be considered. The camp is a fly-in destination and your flight in and out will be provided along with room and board.
Who We're Looking For
We’ve employed a lot of people at Blue Fox Camp and the ones that tend to work out are easy-going, self-motivated, independent, hardworking, and possess a lot of common sense. In addition, we need someone who enjoys cooking and will help to provide a friendly, inviting cookhouse for our guests to enjoy.
If you have these qualities and enjoy fishing, the outdoors, working with people and gaining a ton of outdoor and people experience, then please contact our team.
The primary responsibility of the applicant will be to ensure that Cookhouse runs smoothly on a daily basis and that our clients are well taken care of. We’ll have a 7-day rotational menu planned out that can be modified by the cook if required. A typical day would include:
1) Cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner for groups of 2-14 clients;
2) Breakfast is typically served at 7-8 am, lunch at noon and dinner at 5-8, depending on client preference;
3) Meal prep and clean up (dishes will be aided by camp staff)
4) Maintaining cookhouse cleanliness;
5) Updating food inventory lists and coordinating food shipments
6) Help develop meal plans
7) Coordinate and provide shore lunch (if time permits)
8) Help camp staff ensure that the guest cabins and shower house/sauna are clean.
9) Coordinate incoming and outgoing flights.
1) Previous experience in the service industry and running a kitchen
2) Fishing license and Canadian boating card
3) Wilderness first aid course
4) Outdoor experience (camping, fishing, canoeing, previous work in related fields)
5) General knowledge of camp operations and propane systems are a plus