negotiable / month
PSW’s, Foreign trained Nurses & Nursing Students Welcome
LOCATION: Ottawa East, Central, West, South
Do you want to make lives better and have the ability to drive your career? Do you love working with seniors?
Nurse Next Door has the perfect opportunity for you!
Nurse Next Door was founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2001. We are dedicated to delivering flexible, affordable care options to help seniors stay at home.
Are you a warm, caring individual passionate about making a difference in the life of a senior? Do you want a flexible work schedule that fits with the other priorities in your life? Nurse Next Door is looking for caregivers who are able to work from 10 to 40 hours per week (no experience required).
We Make Lives Better every day for our clients and staff by living through our 4 core values:
- Admire People
- WOW Customer Experience
- Find a Better Way
- Passionate About Making a Difference
- Part-time (must be available at least 10 hours per week)
- Specifically looking for PSW in Orleans area for 7 hours daily 7 days a week.
- Mornings, days, evenings, weekends and overnight (to be discussed)
- Must have flexible availability
Happier Aging is at the heart of what we do — enabling seniors to live at home as long as possible, doing what they love to do.
We provide care 24/7, so visits may be scheduled early morning, afternoon, evening, or overnight to meet our clients’ needs.
- Meal preparation, light housekeeping, and/or provide companionship and personal care
- Execute on the client’s care plan as outlined by the Care Designer.
- Help clients with their ADL's (Activities of Daily Living) that is within the scope of practice for a Personal Support Care Worker.
- Assist clients with transfers, ambulation and exercises.
- Meet the safety needs of the client and use equipment safely and properly.
- Function within the limits of your own experience and knowledge, while practicing safely and competently within the job description.
- Complete records and documentation accurately and thoroughly.
- Passionate about making a difference.
- Described as a self led leader with the ability to take responsibility for your own behavior and success.
- Time management skills – Able to travel to and from client to client in a timely fashion. Drivers with own vehicle will be an asset.
- Phone with data plan – our company communicates available shifts, schedules, client care plan and progress notes though Alayacare app. Thus, must have the ability to respond daily to requests/update notes. (Data allowance provided.)
- Communication skills, both written and verbal in English
- Ability to identify and report client care concerns to Care Designers when needed.
- PSW Certificate, OR Foreign trained nurse, OR 2yr+ Nursing student
- Previous caregiving experience an asset.
- Experience working with elderly
- Customer Relations: 2 years (Preferred)
- CPR/ First Aid (updated yearly for continued employment)
- Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search (update yearly for continued employment)
- Negative TB test (updated every 2 years for continued employment)
- Negative COVID-19 test
- 3 references (minimum of 2 professional)
- French/ other languages
- Bilingual (French/ English)
- $16.00 per hour + 4% vacation pay
$250 signing bonus paid upon completion of first month of work without incident.