Shylo Home Healthcare
negotiable / month
We are looking for two exceptional Caregivers for a lovely gentleman in West Vancouver with early dementia. We need experienced Caregivers willing to commit to this senior client long-term who has great English communication and Canadian cooking skills. Position will begin with weekend coverage (Friday through Sunday, 12-hr Day and Night shifts) but will grow to cover entire week within a few months if all goes well.
- Assist client with the Activities of Daily Living to promote maximum independence
- Prepare tasty nutritious (organic) meals for the client and his wife
- Observe and document client’s health and environment; immediately report significant change in health or unsafe observations
- Maintain a psychologically healthy and physically comfortable home
- Accompany client on daily outings to promote social interactions (may attend regular events at local Community Centre)
- Previous experience working with clients with dementia
- Above average Canadian cooking skills
- Compassionate and caring demeanour
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to drive an asset, but not necessary
- Up-to-date and detailed resume (highlighting your healthcare training and dementia care experience)
- Copies of all educational and training documents
- References from your three most recent employers (name, email and phone number, we will contact them)
- Current First Aid and CPR (or proof of registration in a 2-day course within the next 30 days)
- Negative TB Screening results
- Any other relevant details to show why you are a qualified applicant
Salary will depend on experience. Dental, Vision & Extended Health Benefits available after three months employment. Please submit your detailed resume if you are interested in this job.
Shylo Home Healthcare is a successful home healthcare agency on the North Shore, we have been serving the needs of clients in the Vancouver Lower Mainland for thirty-nine years. We pride ourselves on delivering excellent client service and supporting our valued employees ‒ and most importantly, we have fun! We work as a team and when one manager is busy, we all pitch in to help; we need someone who can jump right in and join the Shylo team with enthusiasm.