Do you have an interest in supporting individuals that have a physical, intellectual or developmental need? Are you caring, compassionate and reliable? The Family Relief Program is looking for you!
We provide respite services to individuals with special needs in the following ways:
- Social Rec Day Programs
- Independent Respite Contractors
- Autism Programs
- Respite & Share Care Homes
- Summer Services
- Girls & Guys Night
- Zoom Programs and Support
- Bus Trips
Why come work for us?
- Flexible Schedules
- Promotion from within
- Invest in training of employees
- Movement within programs
- Employment Supports & Benefit Packages
- Positive and supportive work environment
- Competitive wages
- Most of all – WE CARE ABOUT OUR WORKERS!
- Diploma or degree in one of the Social Sciences or health related fields or equivalent education & experience
- Valid First Aid & CPR level C
- Recent Vulnerable Sector Screening Check
- Valid Driver’s License & Insurance
The Family Relief Program is committed to providing individualized, purposeful and safe support to those who are most vulnerable. We are very creative and resourceful in our services and programs. It is important to us that our staff are supported and respected as well. Please join us in making a difference!
- To provide support and programming to individuals with complex medical, physical and developmental needs.
- Supports are provided in a residential/share care environment
- Implement individualized goals and objectives including medical and behavior protocols
- Attend staff meetings as required
Education: Diploma or Degree in one of the Social Sciences or health related field such as DSW, PSW or CYW or equivalent education and experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Mature, positive and compassionate individual
- Experience with medication administration and diabetes management an asset
- Ability to lift lightweight to heavy materials of varying weights
- Ability to lift and transfer individuals in and out of wheelchairs to complete daily tasks and re-position
- Provide all levels of personal care and daily living needs
- Valid Driver's License and Insurance
- First Aid and CPR – CPI an asset
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Must be able to work as part of a team and independently
- Flexibility in completion of job related tasks
Together we support people and communities in achieving and maintaining their best possible health and social well-being.
Together we seek to build a healthy, safe, just and supportive community for all.
Beliefs and Values
that all people have the right to conditions and resources for good health, including peace, shelter, education, food, income, a stable eco-system, sustainable resources, social justice and equity;
that communities and individuals have the right to services that are respectful, relevant and effective.
that there should be no barriers that prevent people and communities from achieving their full potential;
in providing support to enable persons to remain in, and participate in, the life of their community; and,
in seeking and sharing knowledge and resources so that individuals and communities are empowered to achieve their best possible health and social well-being.