Using an agile/iterative approach to product development, this position includes analyzing, designing, programming, unit testing, implementing and maintaining retirement applications to meet customer requirements using existing languages (Pl/sql, JAVA), superior knowledge of the Oralce DBMS (database management system) is definitely an advantage.
This job is for a full stack developer to assist in both the development and maintenance of stored procedures and packages, as well as experience developing UX/UI using JAVA.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to produce scalable software solutions. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs, while optimizing the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implements business rules through packages, stored procedure, functions and triggers (Exposed code set-up) using PL/SQL and CPAS Proprietary Tools.
- Participate in development new user-interface features based on design specifications and requirements
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write technical documentation
- Build reusable code and libraries
- Work closely with the Technology Team to develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines
- Discover and share emerging technologies or applications, identifying opportunities to integrate them into our software.
- Unit testing and debugging
- Basic pension and actuarial concepts, nice to have
- Conducts internal training sessions
- Updates PIR system task status
- Time management
Knowledge and Experience/Skills and Abilities:
- Requires a University degree or equivalent in Computer Sciences and a minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience
- Intermediate level knowledge of Oracle RDBMS and PL/Sql programming
- Experience with some or all the following technologies: JSP, Servlets, JSON, XML, XSLT, SVG, JDBC, SOAP, WSDL, Websockets
- Has worked within a version control management system such as Git.
- Experience with Cognos or other report writers, data conversion, considered assets.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Interacts with both internal technology team as well as internal stakeholders.
- The ability to work under pressure with strict timelines
- Passionate for technology, software, and building cool stuff
- Self-starter with strong time-management skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Travel may be required
- Adaptable to changing situations
- Detail oriented
- Good conceptual skills
- High learning capacity
- Show innovation & creativity
Avenu provides local governments with ways to achieve more predictable revenue that supports growth, fuels modernization and ensures compliance with mandated but underfunded programs. Avenu’s revenue enhancement and administrative solutions find and recover license, permit and other taxes that cities and counties struggle to collect. The insights and improved fiscal posture enables governments to deliver expected services and sustain a high quality of life for residents.