Dessert Holdings - Canada
negotiable / month
Dessert Holdings® is North America's premium dessert company, recognized for providing our retail and foodservice customers with chef-inspired innovative desserts made with real ingredients. Based in St. Paul, Minnesota, Dessert Holdings is an umbrella organization of three premium dessert companies and brands: The Original Cakerie, Lawler's Desserts, and Atlanta Cheesecake Company.
Our Buyer Planner works independently and cross functionally with the supply chain, operations, and marketing teams. This role provides purchasing management and is accountable for the procurement, material management, communication and analysis work required to obtain the best cost, quality, and service from suppliers for packaging products and manufacturing supplies. The Buyer Planner will also take actions needed to ensure successful management of the company’s supply chain with a focus on the categories assigned to the position.
- Own category and supplier relationship management for a mid-level spend of packaging, print and manufacturing supply categories, to include negotiations, achieving the best total cost of ownership solutions for the business
- Using Material Requirements Planning process, forecast short- and long-term demand for existing products; collaborating with operations, marketing, product management and the suppliers to ensure effective inventory control
- Create purchase orders consistent with inventory management and distribution planning best practices which maintain the most effective inventory turns for the business, minimizing obsolescence.
- Conducts analysis and investigations
- Manage the day to day supplier relationships within the confines of defined contracts
- Manage the corrective action process for assigned categories, conducting analysis and investigations regarding operational issues related to assigned categories
- Obtain services and materials from suppliers at the lowest total cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source, risk to the business and urgency of need
- Participate and supports projects associated with the supply chain to improve productivity
- Assures annual certification of suppliers for The Original Cakerie including compliance with TOC Quality Assurance programs and trade certifications
- Manage ERP systems maintenance, including supplier master data, SKU master and purchase order data
- Bachelors Degree
- CPM/APICS certification preferred
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role, preferably in packaging buying of plastics, film and/or paper
- Experience with planning systems and processes (MRP)
- Results driven with a sense of urgency to business needs
- Able to independently manage and follow through multi-step project steps/procedures consistently
- Must possess clear written and verbal communication, creative problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and data management skills
- Proven ability to think critically and make timely decisions
- Solid Microsoft Excel and analytical ability
Throughout the selection process accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request. Please notify Human Resources if assistance is required.