POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Butler’s position is designed specifically to cater to guests booked in The Haven, Villas, Owner Suites & Penthouses. Focus is placed on giving these guests individual, personalized and impeccable in-room attention and service. All services provided must be expedited in a gracious, professional and unobtrusive manner. Attention to detail and a timely response in every respect is a requirement. He/she works closely with the Concierge to maintain the integrity of our best staterooms and provide in-room dining and valet service, as well as to coordinate set-ups for private cocktail parties or other special requests in accordance to standards established by the company.
– On call to expedite guest requests. An off-duty Butler’s phone must be forwarded to another Butler during the day and to the Bell Captain or Night Shift Butler during Night Shift.
– Responsible for the Villa, Suite & Penthouse set-ups on embarkation day ensuring deliveries are expedited in co-ordination with relative department heads.
– Escorts guests onboard and if their room is being prepared, escorts them to the VIP Lunch. Otherwise takes them directly to their room and for Garden Villa and Owner Suite guests offers them champagne and warm (or cold) face towels.
– Trained in Housekeeping set-up of Suites & Villas and works in tandem with Stateroom Stewards and reports deficiencies to Deck Supervisors. Responsible to make corrections on Housekeeping set-ups and to maintain the highest standards of cleanliness, neatness and maintenance inside and on balcony and deck areas.
– Prepare cocktail parties including proper set-up; and serve in-room canapés and drinks when requested. Should take the initiative to offer guests the opportunity to host their own in-suite cocktail party and advise associated costs.
– Offers to escort guests to onboard events such as evening shows or to a dining reservation, and also to the gangway in port, especially if the vessel is tendering. This is done in collaboration with the Concierge and the rest of the Butler team to ensure time efficiencies.
– Performs Valet service, which includes but is not limited to, assisting guests with un-packing and re-packing of garments, expediting laundry, dry cleaning and pressing services, and offering shoe shine service.
– Records twice daily in the temperature log for the dishwashing machines and refrigerators.
Performs regular cleaning and sanitation of refrigerators, bread warmers, ovens, toasters, juice and coffee machines, etc.
– Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
– Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
– Minimum two years’ experience in a Hotel or relative establishments; or minimum two years’ experience in a Guest Service related position onboard a ship.
– Intermediate to Advanced verbal and written ability English.
– Intermediate verbal and written ability in at least one of the following languages is preferred: Spanish, German, French or Italian.
– Intermediate to Advanced computer software skills required (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Micros).
– Minimum one year experience in handling guest requests and concerns, with an understanding of how to expedite VIP guest wishes.
– Two-year Associates degree or equivalent in Hotel Management and/or Guest Relations from a recognized hotel institution.