120 Bloor Street East
Job Family Group:
Liaises with stakeholders to understand problems and opportunities and, recommends solutions to enable the achievement of organizational goals. Builds exceptional relationships with business partners and internal stakeholders. Analyzes data and creates documents and plans in service of informing, advising, or updating stakeholders. Ensures the requirements map to a real business need, are approved by all relevant stakeholders, and meet essential quality standards. Participates in reviews or inspections, in collaboration with the project team, to ensure the quality of work products.
- Manages complexity across business value, technology, and interaction models.
- Possesses a deep understanding and problem solving ability of various complexities.
- Develops innovative approaches to create solutions to resolve problems and significant issues.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Contributes to the development of the seed funding request by ensuring project scope and benefits are clearly articulated and risks are identified.
- Enables groups to successfully accept changes by informing stakeholders of their implications; recommends actions as appropriate.
- Prepares and delivers presentations for senior leaders.
- Acts in a larger project planning capacity.
- Audits the quality of reports submitted by analysts and provides related coaching and support.
- Supports the Request for Information (RFI) or Request for Proposal (RFP) with vendors if required.
- Leads the preparation of end user reference materials and prepares end-user training materials.
- Works with project stakeholders to validate their requirements and analysis models via techniques such as reviews and walkthroughs.
- Ensures system specifications meet expectations/requirements, and negotiates solutions.
- Creates documentation to ensure the supportability of analyses.
- Maintains existing requirements to ensure that current-state needs are known.
- Develops and implements data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filters and “cleans” data, and reviews computer reports, printouts and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Remains alert to new techniques for insights, analytics, and data visualization, and devises new ways of applying them.
- Interprets data, analyzes results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Recommends approaches to streamline and integrate technological processes in the organization to improve overall efficiency.
- Facilitates discussions and follows a structured approach to plan, elicit, analyze, document, communicate and manage requirements with stakeholders.
- Provides analytical support and insights.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen business analysis capability, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across BMO.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 – 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possesses analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrates applied knowledge of one or more analysis and problem decomposition technique.
- Understands complete Software Development Life Cycle and can apply the applicable portions of the ‘Feasibility,’ ‘Requirements,” and ‘Analysis’ phases.
- Demonstrates writing and documentation skills.
- Understands and can explain to others the core processes involved in their area of support.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Experienced in leading a team
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.