Facilities – maintains a safe, functional and comfortable workplace environment. Performs a variety of hands-on, semi-skilled and unskilled tasks in the maintenance, alteration and repair of the building, grounds and related facilities and equipment using a variety of hand and power tools. May work independently, as part of a team and/or accompanies and/or assists and co-ordinates skilled trades services. Plans the overall preventive maintenance and work activities schedule. Identifies equipment or systems for repair, replacement or upgrade prior to necessity and assists in the selection of maintenance equipment and materials needed. Takes active role in space reconfigurations. – 50% of duties are facilities related.
Security – may monitor and maintain security related systems including badges, access systems and CCTV cameras. – 20% of duties are security related
Administration – weekly site checklists, security reports, tracking site expenses, procuring quotes, inputting requisitions; invoice processing; basic PowerPoint and Excel reports; data collection. – 30% of duties are administration
Performs other related duties as required.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES (Facilities):
· Assembles & Installs whiteboards, pictures, shelves and other wall hangings and furnishing products
· Performs and co-ordinate with trades regular emergency generator testing and fueling & HVAC repair
· Performs and co-ordinates with trades and technicians, fire systems service, repair, testing and inspections
· Respond to all Facilities critical equipment alarms during regular hours and after hours
· Applies paint to building interiors, equipment, fixtures, paint or stain cabinets, doors and woodwork, filling in and/or smoothing drywall surfaces
· Replaces minor electrical fixtures such as fuses, sockets and switches – arranges for servicing and repair
· Assist in occasional janitorial functions
· Moves, repairs and/or replaces office furniture and equipment
· Orders, stores and distributes maintenance, janitorial and office supplies
· Co-Ordinates repair of security cameras, magnetic locks and card readers
· Spreads salt and shovels snow from walkways and entrances
· Assists operations in preparation for special events
· Identifies and corrects safety hazards
· Installs, maintains and repair plumbing fixtures including clogged drains, sinks, urinals and toilets, replaces washers/leaky faucets and flush valves.
· Participates and works with joint health and safety committee
· Develops, implements and maintain energy savings programs with operations
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES (Administration)
· Track and document expenses
· Monitor invoices and ensure payments are on time
· Request quotes, input in the Purchase Order system
· Track building asset lists and equipment
· Proficient in Outlook for email
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES (Security):
· Control of general access to the facility. Monitoring of security cameras and review of daily security logs
· Photograph all new employees & create security badges
· Activate and deactivate Visitor cards, temporary employee cards and employee cards
· Trouble shoot or manipulate security doors and equipment
· Generate attendance reports for Management
· Trouble shoot and repair security systems
· Generate monthly card holder audits and match to HR active lists
· Escort Visitors/Contractors inside the building.
· Respond to all security alarms during business hours and after hours
· Investigate and report all security issues
· Assist reception with monthly card audits on all temp employee and visitor badges
· Monthly inspection on all fire safety equipment and log findings
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Knowledge of procedures used in scheduling and organizing work
· Knowledge of safety principals and practices in building maintenance work
· Knowledge of methods, materials, tools and equipment required in carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, concrete work and hand tools
· Knowledge of the operations of fire safety and emergency power systems including emergency generators in commercial buildings
· General methods and practices used in a variety of building trades, such as carpentry, general construction, electric, plumbing, painting, and heating/air conditioning systems.
· Basic computer skills related to data entry/retrieval. ++ Know
· Basic principles and practices of record keeping.
· Five years of building maintenance with a range of skills, activities and equipment
· Demonstrated hands on mechanical aptitude
· Ability to read, write and perform fundamental arithmetic calculations
· Ability to perform semi-skilled maintenance and repair work at the journey level in one or more of the following trades: plumbing, painting, carpentry, HVAC, fire safety systems and emergency generators, access control systems
· Read and understand blueprints, construction drawings and schematics.
· Must have a driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle.
· keep extensive records and prepare detailed reports of work done, time spent, and materials used.
· Perform hand and bench work using power tools and other equipment
· Must understand basic blueprints and work from rough sketches; prepare rough sketches.
· Customer Focus – Established and demonstrated intense customer service skills, Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other employees, and the public using principles of good customer service; Must be willing to respond to emergency calls in off hours – Independent travel required
· Communication – Independently understand and follow oral and written instructions;
Must be able to communicate clearly, concisely in a professional and diplomatic manner both orally and in writing; must understand and accept criticism and apply lessons learned.
· Problem Solving – On a continuous basis, know and understand operations, and observe safety rules; intermittently analyze problem equipment; identify and locate equipment; interpret work orders; remember equipment location; and explain jobs to others; make recommendations and assist in the selection of equipment and materials needed;
· Teamwork – Must be able to establish, maintain and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, especially in situations involving conflict; Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.; must be able to work independently or part of a team without direct supervision.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel working within this job title.
Concentrix is an equal opportunity employer. Concentrix evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected characteristic.
To achieve outstanding results, we’re disrupting the market by being absolutely obsessed with making our clients’ businesses better. We bring together the brightest and most creative minds in business, cutting-edge technology solutions, proven design thinking expertise and exceptional customer experience centers. Our clients notice the difference too… in increased customer loyalty, improved business performance and differentiation in their markets.
As a diverse, global organization, we have unconventionally fresh ideas and deliver extraordinary customer experiences for more than 450 of the world’s best brands.
Concentrix. A passionate company powered by passionate people.