The position of Brick Inspector Operator is a 12- hour continental (day / night) shift position. Entry level operator rate is $29.97 (actual rate will be based on experience).
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO OUR WEBSITE by copying/pasting this link into your browser:
- Set-up and troubleshooting car cleaner.
- Monitors Dust Collector system.
- Reset Car Track #7, when out of Sequence.
- Sets up the unloading line during product changes. This includes:finishing the desired amount of cubes, removing the “leftover” product, and starting the unloading sequence again
- Continually inspects all visible portions of products for colour / texture variance.
- Continually removes cracked or defected product.
- Communicates any changes in run / lot number to the Strapper Operator so changed cubes can be identified.
- Troubleshoot all packaging equipment, when required.
- Prevents damage to kiln cars by constantly monitoring robots.
- Communicate & work as a team with other operators
- Actively supports others the Packaging work cell in training and operations.
- Maintains a clean and organized department.
- Active in the preventative maintenance of the Packaging department equipment.
- Reports Maintenance requests to the Production Supervisor or Lead Hand.
- Preventative maintenance of machine. (Replace wear parts)
- Actively participates in maintenance shutdowns scheduled or unscheduled, when required by Production Supervisor or Lead Hand.
- Work in a safe and efficiently manner, according to company policies.
- 5S – Safety, sort, store, shine, standardize & sustain.
- Other duties as needed
- Brick manufacturing experience preferred
- Manufacturing experience REQUIRED for consideration
- General understanding of control systems
- Mechanical aptitude
- Valid lift truck certification
- Able to lift heavy materials
- Committed to working in a zero harm workplace
Meridian Brick offers a comprehensive benefits package, including, but not limited to: Medical, Dental, Vision, DCPP Plan, Life Insurance and Vacation plans.
Learn more about Meridian Brick and its comprehensive portfolio of innovative brick and masonry solutions for commercial and residential structures at meridianbrick.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Meridian Brick brings together hundreds of years of brickmaking legacy and today is North America’s largest brick manufacturer with 20 plants throughout the United States and Canada.
We strive to deliver premier service to Architects, Builders, Designers, and Homeowners through our 31 company owned distribution locations (Meridian Brick and Masonry Supply) providing Brick, Thin Brick, Stone, Stucco + EIFS, and Installation Systems to each valued customer.
We foster an environment rooted in respect, entrepreneurship and an unwavering pursuit of excellence with every interaction and process we undertake by focusing on:
– Creating a safe and sustainable working environment for our employees
– Delivering world class service and innovative solutions to our customers through a diverse building product offering
– Driving profitable returns to our shareholders
For more information on our company visit our website: meridianbrick.com.