As a full-time Breakfast Cook, you will be responsible for ensuring the freshness, quality, consistency and variety of breakfast items; and that breakfast is prepared, cooked and served on time to the highest of Horizon North standards.
- Ensuring breakfast menu is prepared as per Chef’s requirements, which includes:◦Pancakes, waffles and crepes
- Eggs (omelette, poached, scramble and fried)
- Breakfast burritos
- Breakfast sandwiches
- Preparing vegetables and meat for the omelet bar
- Preparing fruit and vegetables for Lunch Bar
- Ensuring consistent quality standard in over-all food preparation as per clients’ requirements including consideration to special dietary constraints
- Ensuring proper equipment operation, safety and sanitation in the kitchen
- Complying with food hygiene regulations in accordance with Food Safety Act
- Cleaning, washing, and sanitizing equipment and over-all work areas
- Supervising night shift employees; providing mentorship and training
- Other duties as required
- Interprovincial Red Seal Certification or some culinary education leading to Red Seal
- Minimum 3 years’ cooking and baking experience in a similar or hotel/institutional environment
- Thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper preparation methods;
- Proven experience preparing breakfast meals for large number of guests
- Prior supervisory experience
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Basic computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Sysco)
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands and strong customer service focus
- Ability and desire to work independently with minimal supervision and as a team player
- Ability to stand for a long period of time and lift up to 35 pounds
- Successful candidates MUST obtain a mark of 80% or higher on the mandatory WHMIS test (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System).
- Other duties as required
This position is safety sensitive, and as such will require pre-employment alcohol, drug and fitness to work testing as a condition of employment.
Horizon North is a Calgary, Alberta based, publicly listed corporation (TSX: HNL.TO) providing a range of industrial services and modular construction solutions.
Our industrial division supplies workforce accommodations, camp management services, access solutions, relocatable structures, and maintenance and utilities services.
Our modular construction division produces high-quality building solutions for commercial and residential clients, including; offices, hotels, and retail buildings, as well as distinctive single detached homes and multi-family residential structures.
As a result of our well-diversified offering, Horizon North is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of our customers in numerous sectors, anywhere in Canada.