Branch Purchasing Agent
ROLE: The Branch Purchasing agent supports Sales and Operations through accurate and timely processing of all special-order materials and communicates with the appropriate parties any changes or issues that arise. They will assist the Corporate Purchasing Agent by purchasing specific inventory items as directed, and support Inventory Control, and have an understanding of those roles and responsibilities.
HOURS: 7:30 am-4:30 pm Monday-Friday
Inventory Control Specialist Responsibilities:
- Perform cycle counts as needed to help reduce customer back-orders and stock outs. Ensure that proper branch level approvals are in place and confirmed in writing.
- Perform inventory adjustments upon approval by the Branch Director of Operations.
- Identify and lead the efforts to eliminate slow turning or dead stock product in the most cost-effective manner. Ensure that proper branch level and corporate approvals are in place and confirmed in writing.
- Lead change in the warehouse and shop to ensure inventory is stored effectively and well organized.
- Provide inter-company transfer assistance and services to the Sales Team.
- Complete weekly supplies count and update inventory accordingly.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive work relationships. Contribute to a collaborative, team-oriented work climate that supports our values and enables team members to develop professionally as we successfully meet customers' needs.
Branch Purchaser Responsibilities:
- Provide transactional buying, expediting and negotiation services for all branch operational supplies and service that are not covered under corporate resale buying agreements.
- Review purchase requirements for inventory replenishment and select contract/supplier to fill those requirements in accordance with defined corporate strategies and existing agreements.
- Screen, short list, and select potential suppliers through a RFP (Request for Proposal) process.
- Continuously track supplier performance at the branch level per defined performance targets and metrics.
- Initiate and conduct supplier interviews, performance evaluations, and supplier audits.
- Record the strategic financial savings and results achieved.
- Advise internal stakeholders on procurement issues or modifications from original requests. Provide support and guidance at all stages of the procurement cycle.
- Work with stakeholders and suppliers to resolve issues related to invoice and delivery lead-time performance.
- Work with vendors to resolve shipment discrepancies and quality issues.
CORE SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum (2) years of experience working in an office setting preferred
- Microsoft Office proficiency and ERP system or detailed and software navigation and data entry experience preferred.
- Evident attitude of customer service and desire to build teamwork and support team members.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to verbalize improvement ideas and concerns.
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- A team player with drive for continuous improvement.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Competitive Wage – DOE
- Extended Health, Dental and Vision plan (after 90 days of full-time employment)
- RRSP Voluntary Contributions (after 1 year)
- Employee Referral Program
- Clean and safe environment
MORE ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
We are an equal opportunity employer and one of North America's leading distributors of high-quality door products. The great service and products we deliver are a result of the hard work and talent of our exceptional team. We work very hard to hire the best team members who share our core values in respect for all people, integrity in every situation, and quality in everything we do. A supportive team with diverse backgrounds and career experiences from all around the world strengthens who we are and provides many opportunities for continuous growth and development within our Company.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro