negotiable / month
The Biotechnician serves as the driving force of production doing sample analysis in the GMO and molecular biology lab area. They are the primary generators of test results for our customers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES &TASKS
- Perform laboratory analysis including DNA/RNA/protein extractions, quantification and analysis
- Perform testing and document as per SOPs, GMP/GLPs and regulatory guidelines
- Report deviation and OOS results and assist with quality investigations
- Perform routine bench and instrument analysis
- Support other laboratory tests as assigned
Education & Experience
- B.Sc. in Molecular Biology or Biochemistry
- 1+ years of practical work experience in a laboratory environment
- Experience in DNA/RNA extraction, quantification, and analysis by RT- and qPCR
- Demonstrated understanding of molecular biology approaches including PCR, design of plasmids, primers and probes, DNA cloning, cell transformation as well as basic biochemistry and cell culture techniques
- Operate general analytical instruments such as PCR, UV Spec and Absorbance Plate Reader
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Must be comfortable working in an environment with chemical and biohazard substances
- Must be able to work after hours and weekends to support laboratory activities when required.
Diteba is committed to providing accessible employment practices that follow the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Upon request, we will, in consultation with the applicant, determine the nature of any accommodation that may be required.
Founded in 2004, Diteba was born out of a passion for uncovering and understanding complex scientific problems. Since our inception, we’ve helped hundreds of companies with testing and in navigating the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval process. Our reputation is built not just on great analytical and bioanalytical testing, but on an unwavering commitment to helping our clients achieve their goals.
We push the boundaries of problem-solving while providing the highest standard of testing across the Pharmaceutical, Cannabis, Nutraceutical, and Food and Agriculture industries.
We’re on a mission to advance science-based innovation with a commitment to truth and transparency. We’re looking for incredible people, fueled by passion and curiosity, to be a part of our journey of growth – will you join us?