Safe Management Group Inc.
Who We Are:
We are dedicated to supporting individuals with complex and unique needs. Our goal is to assist individuals in reaching their maximum potential. Our clinical team is specialized in behaviour habilitation with the focus of increasing adaptive and prosocial behaviours and reducing maladaptive behaviours which interfere with quality of life.
About the Position:
Behaviour Specialists provide direct care services to individuals with complex needs. In addition to aiding residents with their daily activities, Behavior Specialists assist in providing behavioural training and interventions designed to modify residents’ behaviour. These services, delivered continuously throughout the day, may take place in one of our programs or out in the community, and encompass activities related to all aspects of daily living.
Currently, we are hiring for 3 position types:
- Full time Employment
- Part-Time Employment (casual shifts based on availability)
- Overnight Shifts Employment
- Implements facility wide behavioral programs as well as individualized behavioral protocols
- Models appropriate behavior, provides positive reinforcement and corrective feedback daily.
- Assists residents in ADL’s (Activities of Daily Living includes bathing, transfers, toileting and physical assistance), assists and participates in physical, vocational and recreational activities.
- Transports residents to medical appointments, vocational, recreational, educational activities in the community including grocery shopping etc.
- Administers residents’ medication programs.
- Interacts with residents’ family and visitors in the facility and on home visits.
- Completes all daily needed documentation (i.e. behavioral data, token exchange, shift summaries, house charts, checklists, medication administration records, and incident reports) including filing in client binders
- Ensure the safety of all residents and co-workers by ensuring a safe environment, following all safety protocols, and implementing the require physical and mechanical interventions.
- Energetic, self-motivated individuals to join our team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a health-care related field, and previous experience supporting individuals with challenging behaviors.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Current First-Aid and CPR certification.
- Be available to work a rotating schedule (Morning, Evenings and Overnights).
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Diploma in Behavioural Sciences, Police Foundations, or degree in Psychology, Criminology, or related discipline.
- Experience working with individuals with complex behaviours would be an asset.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Understanding of Applied Behaviour Analysis
- Previous Safe Management Training an asset.
- Working with the Adult Demographic an asset.
- Competitive Wages and Benefits available
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time, Overnight Positions Available
Safe Management Group believes in eliminating the barriers that inhibit the ability of persons with disabilities to exercise their rights, allowing them to fully participate in community/social living and succeed in their dreams and goals.
Safe Management Group believes in empowering and in supporting persons with disabilities to make their own choices, advocate for themselves, and exercise control over their lives. We believe each person needs to be consulted and participate in the process of making decisions that affect their lives whenever possible.
Safe Management Group believes in effective and creative collaboration, where time is taken to get to know each individual and to learn about their unique dreams, needs, and desires.
Safe Management Group believes a “choice model” approach where clients and family members are given the opportunity to play a key role in their services.
Safe Management Group believes in individualized services, planned and delivered within a framework of a nurturing and caring family setting. Providing supervision and guidance to maintain the client’s health and safety; also working to increase each client’s level of independence and self-confidence while persevering connections with their families.