Transport, remove, delivery and collect various liquid and solid hazardous waste from customer sites. May be required to load and unload trucks. This AZ License Representative will have the ability to operate a variety of trucks and equipment including vacuum trucks, box trucks, tractor trailer and any other equipment that fits their license. Hands-on experience with transportation of dangerous goods is a definite asset. Overtime, weekend, and on-call work may be expected. Other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee cargo handling and secure loads, including equipment preparation, application of safe practices, compliance with applicable Acts and regulations
• Familiarity and experience working with government documents such as manifests.
• Perform pre and post trip circle checks, inspections of equipment operated, and its load, ensuring safety and road-worthiness.
• Comply with applicable federal and provincial legislation including safe operation, carriage of goods, driver's hours of service, occupational health and safety, transportation of dangerous goods and weights and dimensions
• Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew as needed; check that vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly positioned.
• Check vehicles before driving to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
• Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
• Ensure all load-related documentation is complete and accurate.
• Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable federal and provincial regulations.
• Record and maintain required documentation including driver logbook, bills of lading and waste manifests, supplies used, etc.
• Communicate effectively with the public, customers, supervisors and co-workers both verbally and in written form.
• Loading and unloading of trucks when necessary.
• Perform appropriate inspections before, during, and after delivery to ensure that load is properly fastened down and is secure.
• Deliver product and accurate paperwork to our customers in a courteous and timely manner.
• Ensure any debris caused by the loading/unloading of truck is cleaned up, and reported to the appropriate supervisor.
• Inform dispatch of customer, customer service, mechanical, or delivery issues.
• Assist with training of new drivers, plant operations and other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma minimum
• Certification from recognized Truck Driving School
• Valid AZ license and Driver’s Abstract in good standing
• Ability to drive Manual transmission
• Defensive Driving Course
• Strong mechanical aptitude with ability to perform routine vehicle maintenance
• Demonstrated organizational skills with strong oral and written communication abilities
• Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques
• High level of personal integrity and work ethic
• Professional and mature demeanor under stressful situations
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Confident, consistent, decisive personality
• Manual dexterity, ability to lift, push, pull 75+ lbs as required