Requisition ID: 97322
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Contributes to the overall success of the Enterprise Functions Audit Group (accountable for audits of Global Finance and Global Risk Management – Enterprise, Operational and Third Party Risks) ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Contributes to the planning, execution and reporting of assigned audit projects while ensuring department standards are maintained. Obtains a thorough understanding of the business/unit/process and associated risks to contribute to the development of a risk based audit plan/procedures. Contributes to the execution of the audit, and ensures nature and extent of testing is appropriate to support the objective, scope and overall opinion. Completes timely documentation of working papers, ensures audit findings and internal control weaknesses are clearly documented with recommendations addressing the root cause and are communicated timely to management. Ensures audit reports are written to a consistent high standard and are finalized within established department metrics.
• Contributes to building and supporting of the centre of excellence for audits of finance and/or risk management by ensuring appropriate audit coverage globally, establishing standard audit procedures, providing advice & counsel on planning memos, audit issues and reports. Identifying and reporting on systemic issues/themes and contributing to the quarterly opinion on Global Finance and Global Risk Management (Enterprise, Operational and Third Party Risks).
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Manage self-development by confirming/communicating job expectations, identifying mentors/coaches and enquiring about training needs, ensuring timely completion of performance appraisals.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
• Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
• University degree in business, finance, economics, accountancy or similar area required.
• Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA) or technical / professional designations (CFA, MBA, CIA) required.
• Internal or external audit experience required.
• Strong communication skills with ability to write clearly and concisely.
• Strong analytical skills with ability to understand various operations and assess the effectiveness of controls.
• Knowledge of the financial sector including perspective on the regulatory and competitive landscape.
• Ability to problem-solve and multi-task.
• Work effectively in a group environment.
• Ability to work in an environment of ambiguity and rapid change.
• Experirence using data analytics and visualization tools would be an asset.
• Fluency (writing and speaking) in Spanish would be an asset.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Segment: Audit, Bank, Banking, Developer, Accounting, Finance, Technology