Requisition ID: 91390
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Provide independent, objective assessment and evaluation of the effectiveness of the Global Compliance Function and of internal controls in place to mitigate regulatory risk. Accountable for assisting the VP and Director in the design and execution of the Annual Audit Strategy / Plan and audit programs covering Compliance Functions and Enterprise Compliance, including supporting the VP in developing and executing strategy for the Compliance Centre of Excellence (CoE). This includes participating in and coordinating audits with Business Line and Country audit teams to ensure appropriate coverage. The incumbent will execute audit engagements and is responsible for assisting with planning and reporting of assigned audits in accordance with department standards.
• Contributing member of the Global Compliance Centre of Excellence
o Assists in the development of the CoE Program (including Conduct, Sales Practices, and Consumer Protection) through the roll-out of a global audit program that ensures a consistent approach to audits of regulatory compliance risk across Audit Division
o Executes audits of the Compliance function (including as it relates to Conduct, Sales Practices and Consumer Protection) to formulate a periodic opinion on the effectiveness of the function in managing regulatory compliance obligations across Scotiabank
o Liaises with Country / Business Audit teams to ensure consistency in audit coverage and execution
o Incorporates the results of audits executed by Business Line / Country audit teams to ensure adequate coverage across the 8 pillars of Compliance
• Assists the Senior Manager in the development and management of the Compliance Audit Plan:
• Executes the annual Compliance Plan and updates the Risk Assessment Database
• Maintains a thorough understanding of risks and processes within regulatory compliance related functions of the Bank. This includes keeping abreast of key industry developments, regulatory changes, and identifying key systemic issues (arising from audits globally) and internal changes that will impact the annual audit plan and / or quarterly Audit Committee reporting.
• Assists with the coverage, execution, and assessment of regulatory compliance audits related to Conduct, Sales Practices, and Consumer Protection
• Executes the quarterly continuous monitoring program
• Maintains relationships with Global Compliance and audit teams (Country / Business Line audit teams)
• Executes audits of the Global Compliance Function, Enterprise Compliance, and special investigations and / or assignments. This includes ensuring the audit planning, execution, and reporting are completed in accordance to agreed timelines and department standards
• Executes testing team for certain regulatory requirements where centralized testing is a preferred approach
• Supports the Senior Manager in representing Audit at Compliance and/or Conduct Risk committees
• Pursues effective and efficient operations of the respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• 5+ years’ experience in Compliance or related field covering Compliance functions e.g., internal audit, consulting regulatory experience, data analytics.
• Working knowledge of the Bank’s Compliance framework, structure, programs, key regulations/regulators, and systems.
• Internal or external audit background. Accounting designations / technical / professional qualifications (CPA, CFA, CIM, etc.) will be an asset
• University degree in business, finance, economics, accountancy or any other relevant area
• Expert knowledge of MS Access, Excel, Visio, Word and Tableau
• Proven track record of training / presenting to large stakeholder groups
• Ability to write clearly and concisely
• Strong strategic, analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Thrives in a dynamic team-oriented environment
• Fluency (writing and speaking) in Spanish language would be an asset
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Segment: Audit, Bank, Banking, Accounting, Manager, Finance, Management