100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Data Analytics & Reporting
Deliver Capital Markets (CM) client-level reporting/analytics and business insights to senior executives, front-line professionals to support their business development, performance management, and strategic objectives.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Possesses a university degree/college diploma in Computer Science and/or Business Administration
- Possesses 3 – 5 years systems analysis, programming, and database experience with business knowledge
- Understanding of Capital Markets products
- Knowledge of BMO’s financial systems an asset
- Understanding of financial accounting concepts
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of T-SQL for writing queries and procedures
- Possesses advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel: required for business analysis and presentation of findings
- Possesses advanced knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2012: required for writing queries and procedures as well as for views for reporting purposes
- Possesses advanced knowledge of report/analytic publishing and distribution
- Possesses solid understanding of database design and development methodology
- Demonstrates understanding of relevant and emerging database technologies and tools
- Possesses general knowledge of information security
- Possesses knowledge of Microsoft Business Intelligence best practices
- Possesses some understanding of business requirements and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Working knowledge of reporting visualization tools SpotFire or Power BI considered an asset
- Possesses excellent analytical skills for complex problem solving
- Exhibits good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced skills in MS Office applications such as Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills
- Assists in the execution and delivery of CM reporting/analytics to all Business & Client Analytics stakeholders
- Assists in the design, development, testing and implementation of business logic
- Assists in the design, development, testing, and implementation of enhancements to existing databases and/or creation of new databases
- Performs database and report tuning
- Design, develop and implement analytical solutions to help resolve priority business problems.
- Help maintain existing automated solutions supporting LOB and team functions
- Creates/maintains database and operational documentation
- Improves database standards to provide optimum maintenance and consistency across applications
- Tests ongoing improvements to database business logic and process improvement initiatives
Client Analytic Support:
- Provides analytical support and business analysis to internal clients and Client Analytics team
- Participates in and contributes to project and team meetings, interacting and collaborating with team members and other departments, as appropriate, to understand project requirement
Cross Functional Relationships
- Front Office (Line of Business)
- Business & Strategy Management
- Client Services
- BMO CM Finance
- Technology Development (TD)
- BMO CM Risk Management (BMO CM RM)
- Global Financing Services
The working environment provides minimal exposure to discomfort or risk to safety. When reviewing related documentation, designs or code, this job requires focused visual concentration. Some requirement for travel and pressure in meeting project deliverables and in participating in crisis recovery situations poses some mental stress. Limited off hours support required.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.